Future plans - Any advice?

Visit site
Hey all,

I'm after some sort of input/advice as to an idea I've been toying with for a couple of years now.

I've always been told I have a certain 'way' with difficult horses. I'm really not the type to big myself up because it's not in my nature, but looking back, yes I prefer the quirky ones, I like a challenge and I enjoy taking the time to take a horse from basics to a level which is required. I don't know how to say any of this as I don't want to be all 'I do natural horsemanship' or 'I sit on a horse and they bow to my magnificence'...because so far, that hasn't happened!

My aim is to have an establishment in which I can take a handful of 'problem horses', rehabilitate, reschool or retrain through patience, communication, understanding and determination and have them go back to their homes or suitable new homes. I am not graced with the financial ability to have this in the next in the next month and I am aware I am going to have to work to achieve this dream.

However, as a more 'for future reference'...has anyone accomplished this? What did you have to do? What did you need?

I'm basically after realistic accounts of what people have achieved and experienced with this type of establishment?

Thanks in advance,

Coral

Starbucks

Visit site
I guess its always going to be a bit difficult setting things up if you don't have much money!

Where do you keep your own horses now? Would you be able to set something up with them so you could do a schooling livery for people and you give YO so much and you keep so much? Of course there's always buying and selling. I guess you would just have to build it up from doing one or 2 in your spare time and then hopefully having enough interest / be making enough so you could eventually leave work / set up on your own somewhere.

soulfull

Visit site
As Starbucks says

It's all about getting known in the area.

If your not already helping people on a regular basis you need to start.aybe even offer service for silly money just so you get the clients. This will have the added benefit of people talking about how good and reasonable too