Galielo/Frankel stud fees?

soloequestrian

Visit site
Just interested..... does anyone know how much Galileo's is now? T'internet seems to think around half a million?
And why hasn't Frankel's fee gone up? His progeny seem to be doing very well but he is still advertised at £125,000, same as last year?

Visit site
Frankel's won't go up or down for a year or 2 yet until enough progeny prove it with while. What they have done so far isn't worth 12k so they will hold onto that for as long as possible.

Galileo is invite only along side whatever phenomenal amount of money you have to pay too! Not sure how much that is just now but he holds his value every year, if not increasing by the year!

cundlegreen

Visit site
Frankel's won't go up or down for a year or 2 yet until enough progeny prove it with while. What they have done so far isn't worth 12k so they will hold onto that for as long as possible.

Galileo is invite only along side whatever phenomenal amount of money you have to pay too! Not sure how much that is just now but he holds his value every year, if not increasing by the year!

Galileo is worth any amount of his stud fee, as he not only gets very high class racehorses and sires, but his yearlings make phenomenal money. Saw a lovely filly by him go through the sales ring today for 800,000. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Frankel despite the enormous hype by the Racing Post. Despite the very best mares, he hasn't produced a Gr 1 winner unlike Nathaniel, who stands at a fraction of Frankels stud fee, despite them both being by Galileo. Nathaniel is the sire of Enable, who won her 5th Gr1 on Sunday when running away with the Arc.

Visit site
Frankel has had a Group 1 winner - in Japan. But I am the same as you, he is more hype than anything else. People say he is the best the world has ever seen but the world hasn't seen him. The furthest he travelled from Newmarket was York. He never left England. If you break down his first crop I think there were many that didn't make the grade at home so were never seen on the track. Frankel covered 133 mares in his first season. 126 scanned in foal. Now say 10 didn't make it to full term, another 10 didn't survive birth (and I am being, sadly, quite generous with these numbers) that leaves 106 to race. Say a further 30 were too weak/sustained an injury that leaves 76 to race. Only 39 made it to the track in his first season. What happened to the others? Hidden so only the ones who showed a lot at home were seen and could uphold the name and price tag.

Galileo will soon eclipse his super sire - Sadler's Wells. It will be a sad day in my world as I absolutely adored Sadler's Wells but at least it his son that will be taking his crown.

Casey76

Visit site
Frankel was probably freakishly lucky. He only raced, what, 7 times? Hardy enough time to establish a true record (even if he did win all of them).

tristar

Visit site
i would chose sea the stars over any of them, if he is still 125,ooo euros, he is an outstanding individual and his crops seem to do well, what i like about him also is he stamps his stock, although some are different like the chestnut whose name escapes me.

he would be the one i would gamble my money on to breed from.

Jules19

Visit site
Authorized is now in France having not set the world alight as a sire. Stands for €10k. Frankel ran 14 times, won 14 races, 10 of which were Group 1, I don't call that a bad record. They were on hiding to nothing with whatever his progeny achieved as they can never all replicate him, even if the entire Dewhurst field had been made up of Frankel's you would still have the knockers. He's not that easy to mate to as he is the classic Galileo/Danehill cross, which is a pretty common cross as it works so well, but limits the number of really top class mares that can go to him as a fairly high % of them are also that cross.

druid

Visit site
i would chose sea the stars over any of them, if he is still 125,ooo euros, he is an outstanding individual and his crops seem to do well, what i like about him also is he stamps his stock, although some are different like the chestnut whose name escapes me.

he would be the one i would gamble my money on to breed from.

I'd say the opposite - his stock take after his mares more often and the agent/manager you deal with to use him is not the easiest person in the world which doesn't add any appeal.

Galileo is around the €450k mark but rarely are they not foal shares at that level

cundlegreen

Visit site
Frankel has had a Group 1 winner - in Japan. But I am the same as you, he is more hype than anything else. People say he is the best the world has ever seen but the world hasn't seen him. The furthest he travelled from Newmarket was York. He never left England. If you break down his first crop I think there were many that didn't make the grade at home so were never seen on the track. Frankel covered 133 mares in his first season. 126 scanned in foal. Now say 10 didn't make it to full term, another 10 didn't survive birth (and I am being, sadly, quite generous with these numbers) that leaves 106 to race. Say a further 30 were too weak/sustained an injury that leaves 76 to race. Only 39 made it to the track in his first season. What happened to the others? Hidden so only the ones who showed a lot at home were seen and could uphold the name and price tag.

Galileo will soon eclipse his super sire - Sadler's Wells. It will be a sad day in my world as I absolutely adored Sadler's Wells but at least it his son that will be taking his crown.

EKW, you and I are of the same opinion! I saw a Frankel yearling at the sales, his first crop. This colt was half brother to a Prix L'Abbaye winner. VERY ordinary individual, and after the first Frankel yearlings were being bought back in, the rest were withdrawn, including this one. He has never appeared again, either on the racecourse or at the sales. A lot of money down the plug hole!!

tristar

Visit site
when we were there we found everyone at the stud helpful, and i can pick out sea the stars progeny in a crowd, a lot are the same physically imposing, impressive types, just like daddy!

and of the ones who don`t follow dad, well most are just wow they jump out at me somehow.