Gallops in Gloucester/Hartpury?

strides-eventing

Visit site
I am a student at Hartpury College and have kept my horse onsite here for my first and now my second year. However with a lack of transport and many decent hack routes we are missing out on our fast work and gallops!

Apparently there are some gallops within hacking distance from Hartpury College but I can't find anything online and no one seems to know much about it.. Does anyone know if this is true and if so have the details?

If not does anybody know of any gallops not far from Hartpury which may incur minumum traveling costs?! Or possibly a lovely farmer with a decent field near Hartpury we could use for a gallop once/a couple times a week?!

Would love any help with this :)

Thanks

spacefaer

Visit site
I can't think of any gallops within hacking distance of the college.

There's a training yard at Maisemore but I don't know if they would hire out.

Julian Smith at Tirley definitely hires his out and they're great - 4 furlongs with a fierce pull up. Give him a shout - you have to use them after the racehorses but apart from that, he was always easy when I took my eventers there :)

strides-eventing

Visit site
I can't think of any gallops within hacking distance of the college.

There's a training yard at Maisemore but I don't know if they would hire out.

Julian Smith at Tirley definitely hires his out and they're great - 4 furlongs with a fierce pull up. Give him a shout - you have to use them after the racehorses but apart from that, he was always easy when I took my eventers there :)

Maybe its the training yard in maisemore I have heard people using/hacking to? Do you know the details?

How far away is Tirley from Hartpury? Could you give me some details please :)

spacefaer

Visit site
How do you not know where Tirley is? ? It's about 10 mins drive from the college! Go past the Ashleworth garage, right towards Corse Lawn then right again for Tirley and Tewkesbury. Not really hackable because of the main road :-(