Galvanised feed bins

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
We have a rat problem at the field to the point they have chewed through the wooden floor of the shipping container and have chewed the feed bins.

So I’m going to buy metal galvanised bins feeds. I’m not sure wether to go for round dustbins or the square’ish feed containers.
If you have the dustbins what size litres are they and how much do they hold, I think a 90litre may be too small. Ideal I would like to fit 2 sacks if feed in one.

pros and cons on each please.

A chest freezer is a no go as we no longer have a van to transport one. We can’t have a cat there either

based in Nottingham if that helps

Parrotperson

Visit site

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I use bog standard black dustbins which are no use to you but as regards what you can get in them, I reckon to put two 20 kg bags of sheep nuts in them. In fact I can get 5 x 20kg sacks into two bins. I wouldn't go for square as too difficult to get the last bits of feed out. The round bins you can at least tip up quite easily. I love those locking bins, if I need any more might go for them.

freckles22uk

www.foxykeepsakes.co.uk
Ah! Now I can help with this for once! I just bought these https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EX3EH94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Excellent! Rats can't get in and they can't chew them. Also Have been rained on but you'd never know.

I looked at all sort of expensive feed bins but then decided to get cheap, and cheerful and these are excellent.

Delivery man did manage to dent one (the packaging isn't great!) But it's still ok and does the job.
Thank you. How much do they hold?

9tails

Visit site
I have a massive 4 compartment feedbin. Each compartment can hold three bags of feed standing up and open with another one laid down underneath them. Best investment ever.

mariew

Visit site
I had a big rectangular one that eventually I left behind due to being too bulky to move. Brilliant though. If I did it again I would get a couple of smaller ones, those dustbins look good.