Gary Witheford- experiences ?

seabsicuit2

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has sent horses to his yard, or know of horses sent there, & how they got on with it? Would be great to hear of peoples experiences :)

Sparkles

Visit site
Heard only good! He's just down the road from me. Never been there personally, but a couple of friends have bought some brilliant horses from there.

ihatework

Visit site
An ex-YO sent a homebred mare to him for breaking.
Mare was a right b*tch, YO had competed to advanced and broken all her homebreds prior to this mare!
Gary broke her in and YO happy!

Alec Swan

Visit site
We had a mare on loan from them, last year as a recipient and for an ET which didn't happen. The mare was as much a delight to deal with, as were her owners. Charming, straightforward and honest. What more can we ask for?

Alec.

Last edited:

missfitz50

Visit site
Hi there.... Gary worked with my mum's Morgan horse as a 4 year old about 15 years ago. He backed and broke him in for riding in just two weeks and insisted that my parents were there every step of the way so they could continue the work when he was sent home. The horse went away a bit of a thug and came back very well mannered and so easy to work with! He is ridden western and English but is mainly used for driving these days.

My mum still sings Gary's praises to this day, I only wished I lived closer to his yard as I would have sent my youngster there given half the chance! :)