Gassy colicky pony

NooNoo59

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has experienced colic symptoms like these. 6 year old Welsh section d good grass wet hay shavings bed wet chaff feed once a day. 3 times this year has come in stressed sweating bucking in the stable very unsettled. Vet came out the first time and gave him danilon and something to get stuff moving. 2nd and 3rd time on their advice just gave him danilon and it settled down. Not sure what else I can do to help the situation as it comes put of no where but obviously don't want it to escalate into something really serious. Any advice gratefully received

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Sounds like the grazing is too rich I would restrict it, it's still been so mild so grass will grow I have held back putting my horses in the rested bit for that reason.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has experienced colic symptoms like these. 6 year old Welsh section d good grass wet hay shavings bed wet chaff feed once a day. 3 times this year has come in stressed sweating bucking in the stable very unsettled. Vet came out the first time and gave him danilon and something to get stuff moving. 2nd and 3rd time on their advice just gave him danilon and it settled down. Not sure what else I can do to help the situation as it comes put of no where but obviously don't want it to escalate into something really serious. Any advice gratefully received
I always have this to hand for Gassy or any type of colic. https://pro-equine.com/products/colikare

samleigh

Visit site
I've had 2 mares with very similar symptoms, colic got more and more regular, cut back on different parts of their feed, grass, haylage, etc & scoped and it was ulcers.