Gatehouse AirRider problem

Beausmate

Visit site
Has anyone had one of the above with an excessively long strap?

I have recently returned one with that fault, I have a feeling the seller has taken it out of the packaging, looked at it and said 'oh look, they haven't shortened the strap-duh!' shortened said strap and sent it back to me. I can feel myself getting ready to be cross! :p

I have explained the situation, both on the phone and by email but I don't think they're getting it!

I also asked for an exchange, not the same returned with an offer of explaining how to adjust it!

When the strap is shortened enough to just allow the soft cover to do up, it hangs a good four inches below my chin. To do it up snugly, I had to remove the cover altogether and have inches of excess webbing hanging down. Uncomfortable, unsightly and probably unsafe.

I'm not a professional gurner, I haven't got on the wrong side of a voodoo witch doctor and I have tried on one that did fit (and I adjusted it!), so I don't think it's me.

Anyone else had this problem and would you be cross if you were me?

Think I might send a photo, if this is the same one. Good plan?

I feel much better for venting my frustration. Apologies and thanks for listening. Coffee and jammy toast on offer....