Gatehouse RXC1 wearers?

Nic

Visit site
Was just about to update my HS1 but I'm dithering over the RXC1 instead.

Any opinions on the RXC1, especially in comparison to the HS1?

Many thanks :)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have had mine since mid January, tho not had the hs1 but came from a chas owen.
I am really pleased with it, fit (for me) is spot on and it's so comfy I have already been reminded to remove it as was driving the box out the gate to go home lol
its snug and sits down well, far better than other makes - for me

Last edited:

nuttychestnut

Visit site
Hi, hate to throw a spanner in the works, but I need to replace my HS1 in the near future. I tried the RXC1 and it really didn't fit like my HS1, felt like it only covered 1/4 of my head. However I was speaking to my local tack shop and they recommended the Charles Owen 4 Star, ventilated and Snell rated. Might be worth a look.

becca1305

Visit site
I found they fit entirely different, I now have a HS1 but RXC did not fit. However I also remember reading recently that HS1 is no longer PAS rated? I didn't know when I bought (indeed I don't think the fitter did either as I said I'd prefer PAS BSEN & SNELL) but tbh it wouldn't change my choice as I struggled to find one to fit right!

Wheels

Visit site
The HS1and RXC1 are different shapes so I would suggest finding one to try on.

I phoned gatehouse to check if they were different as the HS1 did not fit me but the conquest did, they said that the RXC1 was designed for more oval head shapes and was a direct competitor to the CO 4 star

Nic

Visit site
Thanks both. If I wasn't going for the RXC I'd just stick with the HS1. I've had CO before & loved my J3 but I don't know if I'd feel a bit nekkid going back after the HS1!

I don't have anywhere local I can try on the RX without actually ordering it unfortunately.

Nic

Visit site
The HS1and RXC1 are different shapes so I would suggest finding one to try on.

I phoned gatehouse to check if they were different as the HS1 did not fit me but the conquest did, they said that the RXC1 was designed for more oval head shapes and was a direct competitor to the CO 4 star

That's interesting because I find CO & GH both fit me well ( I have tried on a conquest & an F1 too) but Champion & JTE don't at all.

Keenjean

Visit site
Love my RXC1. Very comfortable for me and I can really notice the vents compared to my HS1, it's so much cooler. I have washed my liner and it's lovely and clean inside again now and make up free. Thoroughly recommend.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Thanks both. If I wasn't going for the RXC I'd just stick with the HS1. I've had CO before & loved my J3 but I don't know if I'd feel a bit nekkid going back after the HS1!

I don't have anywhere local I can try on the RX without actually ordering it unfortunately.

To be honest, I really would not get one without being able to try it on

FireFly29

Visit site
Sorry to hijack thread OP, but did any of you who have RXC1 helmets find them tight when you bought them?
I had one fitted yesterday and it felt really quite tight and I had a slight mark on my forehead after about a minute of it being on my head, I just wondered if they give much?

Keenjean

Visit site
Yes mine was tight at first but is now comfortable. Weirdly I seem to get more of a mark on my forehead in this compared to my conquest but I am so pale I'm virtually see through so might just be my exceptionally fair skin!

FireFly29

Visit site
Yes mine was tight at first but is now comfortable. Weirdly I seem to get more of a mark on my forehead in this compared to my conquest but I am so pale I'm virtually see through so might just be my exceptionally fair skin!

thanks, I'll give it go then.
Just a bit paranoid about hats squashing my head after I had a professionally fitted hat that gave me a splitting headache and a big red dent on my forehead after wearing it!