Gelding obsessed with mare

college girl

Visit site
My gelding has grown very attached to a mare at my yard to the point where he is almost unmanageable. He will run around screaming, get himself unbelievable sweaty and go nuts if he doesn’t have her in sight. He reared and dumped me in the field today because I gave him a tap on the shoulder as I could feel him resisting and trying to drift over to the mare rather than focusing on what I was asking.
I’ve tried separating them but he just runs up and down the hedge line for hours on end screaming. I gave up in the end cos he was dripping with sweat and I didn’t want to risk any injuries.
How do I stop this behaviour? He’s driving me insane!!

college girl

Visit site
Is he riggy at all? Either as a true rig or cut late? Putting him on Rig calm is worth a go in these situations

Actually now you mention it there is another gelding on the yard who he absolutely hates and I also did have the feeling he may have been cut late as there is a lot of loose skin which gives me the impression that there may have been testes hanging there for some time. I’ll have a look at rig calm. Thank you!