Gelding that now thinks he's entire again........

pocket

Visit site
HELP.....My boy Ralph who is 11 and I have known him since a yearling, has always been a boys boy! He has never shown any interest in Mares what so ever and has always been in a mixed herd, that was until last year when an old girl shuved her bottom in his face and did the disgusting thing mares do
blush.gif

He was not sure what to do and played it cool
cool.gif
anyway, over the winter and spring, Ralph had kept his usual company and shown no interest in the ladies. Until two weeks ago, he has been acting like a stallion, along with another pony who has approx 6 women in his hareem
blush.gif

Ralph is seeing everything off that comes near to Zetor and if the pony comes up all hell lets loose. I have not long had surgery to my knee and have just started to go back to yard jobs ect. He comes in for me as he knows he will get told off, but has been playing other people up. I have asked the YO to split the herd as I can see an accident waiting to happen. Obviously, I dont want Ralph to hurt anyone and I dont want him hurt.

Any suggestions......I think I may have to move on if we dont split the herd, something I dont want to do as Ralph's settled and the yard is so close to home and a move might mean miles away
confused.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Think splitting the herd might be the only option............flaming tarty mares have a lot to answer for.............I should know I have one!!!
blush.gif

pocket

Visit site
Its just so strange, he started it exactly the same time last year almost to the day as I was in hospital and was told about the dramas! Its just so unlike him! He's got good taste though as she's Welsh, but sooooo much older
grin.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Yeah my mare (14) likes to corrupt the young'uns..............Poor little 4yo was the last one she 'taught'!!!!! LOL now she's on her own and he's in the bachelor group!!!

pocket

Visit site
Mmmm, think thats the way forward for Ralphus, just hope the yo agrees to spitting, if not I think he will have to go out on his own before the others.........d'oh
crazy.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
If not the only other thing you could try is one of the 'Moody mare' type things (they do one for gelding, but not sure what it's called). Not sure it will do much good whilst the mares are full in season though, I think the next couple are months are the worst for tarty mares!!