Generators please help

sarah23

Visit site
I'm looking for a generator to put in my horsebox to power a tv (for when the kids get bored)

I know I can have a 1kv but have no idea which ones are any good, plus are digital ones better. Are cheap one a no, no. I don't want to spend loads on one but also don't want one that only going to last 5mins.

I have seen this one on ebay and wondered if any body who knew about these things if it was any good. Don't really want to spend much more than £250 as it only going to be used about once a month for and hour or so.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170822459183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Lintel

Visit site
Bumps it for you!
But I will have to pass on this one.

I'd just get a laptop and take it... -entertained for hours :D

perfect11s

Visit site
I'm looking for a generator to put in my horsebox to power a tv (for when the kids get bored)

I know I can have a 1kv but have no idea which ones are any good, plus are digital ones better. Are cheap one a no, no. I don't want to spend loads on one but also don't want one that only going to last 5mins.

I have seen this one on ebay and wondered if any body who knew about these things if it was any good. Don't really want to spend much more than £250 as it only going to be used about once a month for and hour or so.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170822459183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Be carefull on two points! one is alot of these are chinese copys of the honda very poor quality and little or no back up for parts or repairs !!!the other point is noise some make alot and will drive other folk insane if its running for hours.. if you just want a TV there are lots of caravan ones that run of 12v and as long as you have a good leisure battery in your living and fully charge it from the mains before you leave home they will work a tv and a few lights for hours without any noise or inconvinace , you only realy need a generator if you're having nights away or want to run a microwave or clippers ect... Ask at a caravan place about tvs and baterys, and if you realy have your heart set on a generator have a look at honda ones they are expensive but will last for years and will work out cheaper in the long run...

paddocktractor

Visit site
I would look for a four stroke engine over mixing petrol for two stroke ,think where you are going to site it as you dont want fumes getting in anywhere .
A 1kva will run certain things but things like kettles would need twice the power unless you buy special camping ones that are low watts but very slow to boil.
Buy a radio or tell the kids to read a book;)

sarah23

Visit site
I have a gas stove for cooking and kettles so not a problem there.

Really need a generator as my lorry is all set up to run off a hook up and don't want to spend money changing it all, plus I can get some money back when I don't need it any more and sell it.

perfect11s

Visit site
I have a gas stove for cooking and kettles so not a problem there.

Really need a generator as my lorry is all set up to run off a hook up and don't want to spend money changing it all, plus I can get some money back when I don't need it any more and sell it.

If you have your heart set on a generator buy a honda EU they sell on ebay for almost new cost so not a bad investment I think they have a 5 year g/tee !!!!!