German Passport Change Of Ownership Help

claracanter

Visit site
Hi,

I am hoping for some help with a German passport.
I recently bought a German Sports Horse and want to know if I have to send the passport back to Germany or can I get the change of ownership done in the UK?
I'm not keen on sending it off to Germany especially if it's not absolutely necessary.

I've been doing some research and the only thread I found about this was a few years old and all the links had expired.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crabbymare

Visit site
as its not a breed society one with a known branch in the uk I would phone or email them to see if they do have an associate here. if not then it would go back to germany but keep a copy of it just in case and do not send back the certificate of ownership as that needs to be kept safely away from the passport. it does not take long for them to come back if you do need to send it away

wench

Visit site
I would think SHB (GB) could do it.

Or try contacting British Equestrian Federation. They did my foreign passport, far cheaper than any of the breed societies could, and excellent service from them!

Kareen

www.germanhorseconnection.com
Which registry is the passport issued by? Ownership registration is widely uncommon over here. Most people will consider the certificate of ownership (a document that is issued separately from the passport) proof of ownership however it is not a legally binding proof for real. If the horse was registered as a show horse over here with the FN they would transfer ownership but it doesn't really make sense to do so because it is unlikely to ever compete here again isn't it?
Technically if you want the ownership change certified by the original registry there won't be a way around sending it off to them. I would go registered mail though and send them an email beforehand so confirm they will do it, how to go about payment etc.
Let me know if you need help :)

MadisonBelle

Visit site
You can do it here, as after sending mine all the way to Germany and it taking FOREVER to come back I found out I could have had it done here! I forget who but as above call SHB.

claracanter

Visit site
Thanks for all you replies. I also have a TB and sent off his passport for his change of ownership, so assumed all other passports were the same but it appears this is not the case. I have the certificate of ownership so I guess that is enough but thanks for your offer of help Kareen.

zara-190

Visit site
I registered my horse's Spanish PP with the British Equestrian Federation. You can download a form for non UK PP's. I sent it off and it was back within the week.