Getting a puppy......

lovekita

Visit site
I just got my puppy last mounth after over 12 years of not getting one... Godness how hard work it is? they like a 2 years old child. Thet have to chow everything. They run the opositw way of yours. They pee everywere. They run around none stop. They cry alone. They scares of everything. U need to teach them Everything. And have an eye on them Allll the time.
But they will learn bit by bit and they are sooooooooooo cute?❤?

Smitty

Visit site
I found that whatever it said on the packet, or however much it cost, there was no such thing as an indestructible toy. I swear mine was 7 weeks old when I had him and the puppy Kong was destroyed within a matter of days. This only got worse the older he got and I resorted to expensive extra tough non destructible anything. Sadly as there are no T Rex available to test them on before marketing these things, they didn't last much longer.

Don't expect to watch a tele programme for 3 years.

It will wee on your bed if you decide to give in and let it sleep with you after one episode of crying in the crate.

{97702}

Visit site
Awwww you guys.... you are selling the puppy idea to me SO much ??? Thankfully I don’t watch TV..... and yes I remember a fully grown rescue greyhound peeing on my bed ?.... why do we have dogs again? ???

misst

Visit site
On housetraining my old JRT was so easy I couldn't understand what other peoples problems were. My son got one and he was a bit inconsistant with training (so was his girlfriend) so I took her for 2 weeks aged about 16 weeks - sorted :).
Then I got Ruby OMG now I understand! She is a nightmare. She is 10 months and hasn't wee'd in the house for 2 weeks. Or maybe I just haven't found any lately. She went through a phase of being put in the garden hourly and knew the back door was open and would stroll past us and squat while we were in front of her! She was such a monkey. We may have cracked it but I still put her out regularly and finally she will wee on command so fingers crossed.
Lev - it is going to be fun!!! Colin may be perfect of course!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Such excitement!

I've found the wee one likes to chew/ have something in her mouth when she's excited. Unfortunately can't have smaller chess around it the big ones will swallow them ? The wee dog likes the huge Nylabones, which is very funny to watch, unfortunately so does one of the Rotties so its a bit of an arranging of what dog where and with what.

The breeder should give you a bag of the food he's been on, and an info sheet as to feeding times, garden times, vacs, etc., at least that's what we used to do. Made it easier on the pup. We also had the new owner give us a t-shirt with their scent on to help the swap over, and sent them with a piece of vet bed so they still had our scent. It seemed to work well.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
just remembered my mistakes, dont give him anything to play with as a puppy that could be a problem when he grows up. i used to give my tiny terrier the cardboard out of the loo roll and out of the kitchen roll to play with. i have to be really careful not to drop them as he will shred them before i can rescue them. also i used to let him play with an empty water bottle , so if i drink out of the bottle (i know, i am common!!) i have to take it into the kitchen and put it straight into the recycling otherwise the same happens.....i used to let my collie cross have both of them when she was a pup and she would never dream of taking them now, the difference between a collie and a terrier!!!!!