Getting annoyed

Chestersmummy

Visit site
My TB went out on loan with view to buy at the start of September. Mid September I was told that the lady who was buying him would have half the money by mid October. So I went and put a deposit on a gorgeous colt. Then she said it would be end of October. The lady I'm buying my colt from was fine with that. Then last week she said it would be by Saturday (2nd Nov). Then she text yesterday to say it'll be either Sunday (3rd) or sometime next week. I'm starting to get annoyed as I am now 3 days into the month of livery I have already paid for my colt, I have the lady I am buying my colt from asking when I'll be picking him up and I'm in limbo as I have to work round my mum who can only be avaliable for towing the trailer on Thursdays and Saturdays. I'm getting really annoyed now.

Costypop

Visit site
That's the issue with spending your money before it goes into the bank. What would of happened if your horse on lwvyb came back, as it's not a done deal? Best thing to do is write to the loaner and put the dates you want paying by in writing. Then have both of your sign it. As for your colt I think it's going to be to case of sucking up the extra cost of livery etc,

JillA

Visit site
Lesson learned - NEVER rely on the money until it is in your hand (or bank). I have learned that one over years of selling home bred horses as well as other stuff - if someone pays me a hefty deposit I will keep the horses for them but not on just a promise.

Tinypony

Visit site
If I read this right you're still only going to have half the price of your horse in your hand when/if this potential buyer does pay what she says she will. What was the LWTB agreement? Isn't it time to think about getting your horse back from the loan home?