Getting back in the game . . .

PolarSkye

Visit site
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back - and the lovely words about the Silver One. Saw a couple of yards yesterday, seeing another couple this morning and one tomorrow . . . and this afternoon I'm off to give G some carrots and a cuddle. Will hopefully have her by the end of this month. Will try and remember to take pics today - she's very floofy at the moment - been living out.

She's a very special girl and I am very lucky indeed.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
Livery yard visits went well - think I have found "the one" . . . so just need to sort out some details.

Was lovely to see G today - just brought her in, gave her a good groom and some carrots and generally made a fuss of her . . . I'm so smitten. She's such a lovely, polite, sweet girl. So affectionate. And so bloody nice. Now I just need to buy her a new headcollar/leadrope and arrange to pick her up!

I did take some pictures of her today, but they were rubbish . . . so here's one her owner took a few months ago.

vrodpay

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
yup :) she looks lovely :D

It just said about screenshot.net in the first one (and had some random woman!)

a) Yay - glad you can see her;

b) How odd!

She looks bay in all her pics, but she's defo liver chestnut . . . just really, really dark. Also, she has bird catcher spots on her face and neck - she has one just to the right of her left eye - like a beauty mark in reverse.

Can you tell I think she's the flipping bee's knees?

She won't be this shiny for the next few months - she'll be living out - but I'm really looking forward to getting to know her over the next couple of months and then seeing what she can do in the Spring.

P

I'm so excited about this girl.

PolarSkye

Visit site
And, yes, I know her feet don't match . . . that right fore is a little boxy - ditto the left hind . . . but she's low mileage until now and I know how to manage her to keep her sound. She won't be hunting or eventing with me . . . nor will she work on deep or hard ground.

She isn't perfect from a conformation perspective . . . but she's perfect for the job she'll be doing . . . and she has an attitude to die for.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
She is just gorgeous! Exciting times. Also, you kept that quiet!
Massive love & wonderful adventures for you!

Ha ha . . . sneaky, sneaky me ;). She's still not mine until she's "home" if you know what I mean . . . and I've kept quiet because I am trying to be respectful of her owner who is having a rough time right now and I don't want to jinx anything. She's coming to me on long-term loan for now . . . if it all works out, I'll buy her. She's just my sort of horse.

P

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
lol it's like you know me ;) I was concentrating at the face honest, and not trying to work out if she had shoes on :D :D

She's definitely red, because the coronets says so :), always a give away.

PolarSkye

Visit site
lol it's like you know me ;) I was concentrating at the face honest, and not trying to work out if she had shoes on :D :D

She's definitely red, because the coronets says so :), always a give away.

No shoes . . . and that will help her mismatched feet. If I could keep the Idiot Boy sound with his extreme club foot, I'm not worried about this girl. She'll stay barefoot if it works for her. She's currently got rock crunchers . . . so I'm hopeful that we can keep her without shoes. But I'll be guided by her and her needs.

I love how dark she is and still red . . . we almost match (I'm always semi-ginger, but I've just been "done" so am freshly dark like her). She's such an obliging girl . . . most unlike me ;).

P

Ceriann

Visit site
She is lovely and an obliging mare with a nice attitude will overcome any small conformational issues. Hope you have lots of fun together - pics when she's home are a must.

Luci07

Visit site
Is it really2 years since you lost Kai? I so remember that heartbreaking post when he went.

Your new girl is incredibly pretty. Welcome back. I sort of lurk after losing mine in March so know how you feel, but hope to be pony shopping from the end of next March.