Getting competing MoJo Back..... Help!!!!

Heidi1

Visit site
How do I get my MOJO back, I have had a good few months off competing, what with lorry problems, then horse problems, but all is up and running ok but just don't feel like going out competing, have enjoyed schooling and hacking my horses at home, but just don't have the feeling to go out and compete at the moment, which is a shame. A friend is trying to get me to go to a Charity Showing Show at the end of the month, just to ge tme out, I normally compete at BD, so hopefully this will help me back into it....all help greatly appreciated.....xx

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
If you don't fancy competing, don't do it? Its not a requirement of horse ownership that you are categorised and instantly fall down the pecking order if you are not competing.

I often have time off competing. I appreciate it more when I want to do it, I save money and normally do better for having put some time into my homework. Horses don't care what they do as long as they are fed and watered. Its only owners who seem to care!

budley95

Visit site
I had 3 years off competing and seem to have got my mojo back this month with 4 events lined up for a month - all of which I'm REALLY excited about. Honestly the horse didn't mind going to the odd local show when I could be bothered. If you want time off competing, have time off competing. But if you're wanting to get back into it but just need a kick up the backside, go get some entry forms filled in!

catembi

Visit site
I think it's like everything...the less you do the less you WANT to do. I've agreed with myself that I will ONLY decide to give up jumping comps on the way home from a comp. Beforehand, I'm uneasy about it, & think of all the things I could do instead, & what a hassle it is, then once I get going & get a hit of adrenalin, I want to do more! I am usually high as a kite on the way home (even if it hasn't gone well), & am planning my next lesson/comp so that is why I won't decide to give up unless I've just finished jumping.

I've had a long break (enforced because one horse died, the next had EPSM & the current one has had a long time off with ulcers & then I had to sell my lorry to pay for a new roof on the house) & was wondering if I'd ever want to get going again - I'm in my mid 40's. I used to think nothing of jumping NC & now 2 ft 3 looks big. But I hacked to a baby clinic, & the urge came back straight away, so then I did an int clinic & then an advanced one at the same venue & I think I'm going to launch back in.

It doesn't help if you keep your horse at home as it's harder to get motivated alone.

T x

Heidi1

Visit site
Thanks all for your replies, think I do need a kick up the backside, have just booked a lesson and am going to take both my horses, have also looked at the BD schedules for June and am hitting the on-line entries tonight. I think I just got in a rut and wasn't sure how to get back out and having a moan on here made me realise that it is me and only me that can make that decision. Thank you again for all your comments...xx