Getting her tail WHITE!!! Ahhhhhh

steph21

Visit site
Hiya,

Im in much need of your expert advice, im hoping to take Storm to a show at the weekend and have been trying desperatly all week to get her tail gleeming white to know availe!! I have used tea tree shampoo, white and bright shampoo, and tesco apple cheapy shampoo but its still a sh***y yellow!!

Can any showy peeps give me any tips or products that work??

Help!!!!!!!!!!

S x

RomanyMayday

Visit site
Grannys soap flakes! Gets the tails lovely and white :D
Pour some in a bucket with hot water and soak the tail in it for a few minutes. Then I rinse through then wash with shampoo (preferably the blue type) then rinse again and then some conditioner and a final thorough rinse through :)

Gemsie

Visit site
Hi There,

I used to use biological washing powder in my grey girls tail - works a treat!

I made sure I didnt get any on her actual tail - just on all the tail hair in case of skin irritation.

Good luck!

IncaCola

Visit site
If you have the problem of the tail being a bit yellow; after you have washed it with any of the suggestions above do the final rinse in 1/2 a bucket of cold water with a squirt of purple spray in (yes the stuff you put on cuts). The purple counteracts the yellow to make the tail look super white. No need to rinse out, but if you inadvertantly put in too much in the tail may have a purple tinge in which case wash again with to get rid of the excess purple. Also great for gleaming white socks etc and because it is justb an antiseptic spray totally safe on the horses skin.

steph21

Visit site
have purple spay as well so will try that as well, and if I go a bit over board on the purple spray then never mind as its our XC colours so could pretend I did it on purpose! hehe!!

Jo C

Visit site
QuickSilver shampoo is the best thing I have found and I have tried the lot including washing powder (just strips the hair of everything, fine if you only want to do it every now and again but I used to show most weekends). My horse is totally white and I put minimum amount of effort in and get him sparkling every time. At my local show centre he is known as "whiter than white" lol:D

sammiea

Visit site
I use L'oreal Silver Shampoo have found its 100x better than any horse "white" shampoo and if you can find a hairdressing wholesalers its very cheap to!

olop

Visit site
Blue Fairy washing up liquid is brilliant for getting grey's white-my YO swears by it :)