Getting my own horse!! Please read!

grade.A.boogie

New User
Visit site
Hi! I'm new to this forum but thought i might put in a post about my new horse! I cannot say his name as it is not definate as yet (but almost definate) and there may be his ex owners on this site!

Anyway he is a lovely traditional warmblood gelding, 14 years i think...he went to Hickstead in 2002! Obviously since then he hasn't done much but i really wanna get him back into competing!

Please can i have some advice? I have had loans before so i know how to look after a horse but how about getting him back into a competition atmosphere? My friend took him to a local show and bless him, he just got really strong and failed the open SJ.
How can i re-introduce him?
Also he has a very strong back end from schooling but he is getting less fit...what schooling can i do to keep it this way?

Please reply...sorry its a long post!
:D

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Sounds really exciting, hope it goes well for you.

I have never really heard of a traditional Warm Blood. Do you mean a traditional type of WB?

Piccys please when you get him
FDC

grade.A.boogie

New User
Visit site
Basically it means he is more stocky...loads of people think he is a cob! he is very chunky with loads of bone - ill get some pics up soon - when i first met him i was like 'no way that horse went to hickstead' but then me and my mate loose jumped him 1.50 m and he trotted up to it!!
get what i mean? he's like a lightweight show cob to look at! but a thinner neck