Getting Supplement Tested

onemoretime

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get tests for contamination in a supplement. I don't know if this was the cause but my horse has become critically ill with peritonitis, colitis and enteritis. The only change to his feed is a new tub of his balancer started a day or so before. The vets don't seem to think it is anything he has eaten but I have been wondering about this supplement.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I once had some hay tested after horse was ill, but it was the vet who sent it away. I wonder if your vets could send it for you, even if just to humour you?

Otherwise I am sure there will be a lab that could do that, and I hope someone on HHO knows who.

Good luck, horrible when they are ill.

LadyRascasse

Visit site
I would ask your vet to have it tested to put your mind at rest. They should be able to help if you ask. Just tell them it is bothering you and you would feel happier if you knew one way or the other and I am sure they will point you in the right direction. alternative contact the feed company with your concerns and I am sure they would help you if you explain what had happened and that you are worried. They are usually very helpful and understanding.

onemoretime

Visit site
Thanks for your replies. I have asked the vets but they said that you have to name what you want them to search for and that is difficult. They were also not sure where it should be sent to. They do tests on horses but not on feed. I have wondered about ringing the company but am not sure what their response would be. I am not out to cause trouble I just want to make sure.