Ghost Saddle Trial - Feedback

ponydi

Visit site
It looks like the sort of block that would be really useful if it was velcro attached and you could change it dependent on what you were doing. As a tallish person on a pony I have 3 sets of blocks for my VSD saddle and like being able to shift them about a bit.

This - have moveable blocks on a Heather Moffett

Brightbay

Visit site
I've just realized who you are! :D You used to be on NR as Showjumper and had Dolly, and Kai was a baby :D I remember your saddle,lol. You probably don't remember me, but I have Shay (was Ted) and also had treeless saddles, you helped me an awful lot when I was just getting into treeless and bitless :D

Haha the HHO reunion of the NR exiles :D I used to be Capalldubh and I remember you both. Didn't realise you had moved to Ireland Baois Glas.

kaiserchief

Visit site
Wow, must be amazing having them at home :D

How long are the Sensations underneath, from front to back? I emailed Mariaana at Better Saddles about trialling a Sensation for Kai but she advised it would be too long for him, so the search for a Libra replacement continues.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it, Spookypony, I really hope it suits! :)

zandp

Visit site
Great feedback, I'm looking into treeless saddles for my younger mare. Have had a SB Freeform which I didn't like a lot, am pondering Barefoot/Exmoor Treefree and (assuming I win the lottery) a Sensation.

Baois Glas

Visit site
Wow, must be amazing having them at home :D

How long are the Sensations underneath, from front to back? I emailed Mariaana at Better Saddles about trialling a Sensation for Kai but she advised it would be too long for him, so the search for a Libra replacement continues.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it, Spookypony, I really hope it suits! :)

It s fab having them at home, even though I had to move to a different country to get them here,lol.

My Sensations are both 19 inches long underneath, they are a 16inch Hybrid and a 15.5inch Westlish (Western seat sizes). I did have a 17inch seat dressage trail on my 12hh Section A and it fit her really well, she's in a 5ft rug.

I also have a size 4 Solution saddle that is 18 inches underneath, if anyone is looking for a Solution I'm selling it cheap,lol.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
@Kaiserchief

am looking at the Libras, bearing in mind I have just sold a Cheyenne, are the libras any more/less like a pad than those and are they shorter length wise?

Coblover63

Visit site
I was going to ask whether you had tried the new Libra Explorer but when I checked their webby, it looks as if they aren't selling them any more. The company was taken over last month and they are only showing their two original styles. Shame as I was quite taken by the look of the Explorer and may have taken a punt....

kaiserchief

Visit site
Ooh, that's interesting about the Sensations...Kai's Libra is 19" front to back - I may get back in touch with Better Saddles. Could you also PM me about the Solution?

MOC, the Libra is a budget version of the Torsion and very similar in style and size to the Barefoots (the 15" Libra is the same size as the Size 0 Cheyenne). It's a very soft and floppy saddle but I get super sweat marks with it, pony loves it and his physio never picks up any saddle related issues.

I had just noticed the Libra Explorers when they suddenly disappeared from the website - shame cause they did look interesting!

kaiserchief

Visit site
I spotted those and put in a Best Offer on one but it was turned down. I'm loathe to pay full price noting that they're so unheard of that I'd be unlikely to get a decent sell on price if it didn't suit, and they won't do returns on the shop soiled ones.

spookypony

Visit site
I'm just trialling a Ghost, and will report in when I've had a proper sit on it!

I'm back to report! :)

I trialled the Ghost Quevis (the one with the thigh blocks) in a "piccolo" (small), intended for endurance riding. Initially, I had the same thigh block issue as the OP. I did a 30k ride in it, and had some bruises on my thighs. I normally ride very long, and jacking up the stirrups a little bit helped substantially. My saddler also felt that the saddle needed a bit of shimming at the front, to improve its placement of me. At this point, I bought the saddle. A bit later, I rode nearly 80k over 3 days, some of it very fast, and the thigh blocks weren't a problem any more. I much appreciate them riding downhill, especially. In general, the saddle is very comfortable to sit in over long periods.

The saddler was happy with the fit and spine clearance. My pony just had the physio, and she was happy that there was no trace left of the sore back that had prompted me to look for a new saddle. So far, I'm very happy with it, and glad that the pony's back doesn't appear to be sore anymore!

I was impressed also with the customer service. The agent was very happy to look at countless pics of my pony with the saddle and of sweat marks, and let me trial it for quite a while before making the final decision.