Giffords Cushionbed vs Burlybed vs Sorbeo reviews

Hannah1999

Visit site
Hi all, I have been using Sorbeo for ponies in a field shelter, however, I am moving house and having proper stables. My cob gelding is very clean, but wet, Sec A is a mess pot and the shetland is fairly tidy. Sorbeo is great and an easy muck out, very absorbant. But it gets dusty in the summer and I like a big bed. My cob likes to lie down when he is in, so I would like more of a proper bed, rather than pellets. Burly bed looks great, but a bit pricey, however I am considering it on a bilk order it comes down a bit. Has anyone tried Giffords, is there a lot of wastage put on the muck heap like straw? How absorbant is it?
Thanks

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I have used Giffords cushion bed over the years. They stopped producing for a considerable length of time after a plant fire.

The cost of delivery was very nearly the cost of the pallet when I enquired recently. It makes a decent bed, I have used it on an earth floor, rubber and concrete. It is absorbent but will go dusty in hot weather. It does compost down and certainly does not take up the same space as straw does on the muck heap or trailer.

Hannah1999

Visit site
I found Burley Bed dusty in comparison to EasyPack miscanthus. That was 3 years ago though, might have changed.
Not tried the other 2 makes you mention.
Thanks, I'll have a look at the EasyPack.

I have used Giffords cushion bed over the years. They stopped producing for a considerable length of time after a plant fire.

The cost of delivery was very nearly the cost of the pallet when I enquired recently. It makes a decent bed, I have used it on an earth floor, rubber and concrete. It is absorbent but will go dusty in hot weather. It does compost down and certainly does not take up the same space as straw does on the muck heap or trailer.

Thinking about it, most bedding options will be dusty when its dry in summer. Also seems to be near impossible to order a pallet load for delivery!

Charrose77

Visit site
Burley bed was dusty to lay but once down not at all. however its a bit scratchy and hard and princess stopped laying down in the stable……not comfortable at all.

TPO

Visit site
I had the worst experience with Burley Bed. Despite claims of being dust free it was *THE* duties bedding I've ever seen in 30+ years of owning horses.

I was using Nedz Pro and loved it. No noticeable dust, asthma horse fine on it and very absorbent. However in my last pallet of it I found all manner of foreign objects including a sharp rusted wire piece so that was a game over for me.

I got a sample of Uni Bed and loved it. Highly recommend contacting them for a sample. It's chopped straw and really good stuff. Sadly I didn't have the storage for a large enough order to make it cost effective because I'm so far from the maker (I'm scotland) but highly recommend for anyone in England.

I ended up buying chopped straw from a supplier that @spacefaer recommended. It has been great stuff and half thr price of Nedz pro

Hannah1999

Visit site
Thanks so much for that info - @spacefaer can you recommend the supplier of chopped straw to me- although I’m in the midlands.
I had the worst experience with Burley Bed. Despite claims of being dust free it was *THE* duties bedding I've ever seen in 30+ years of owning horses.

I was using Nedz Pro and loved it. No noticeable dust, asthma horse fine on it and very absorbent. However in my last pallet of it I found all manner of foreign objects including a sharp rusted wire piece so that was a game over for me.

I got a sample of Uni Bed and loved it. Highly recommend contacting them for a sample. It's chopped straw and really good stuff. Sadly I didn't have the storage for a large enough order to make it cost effective because I'm so far from the maker (I'm scotland) but highly recommend for anyone in England.

I ended up buying chopped straw from a supplier that @spacefaer recommended. It has been great stuff and half thr price of Nedz pro

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Efeeds bedding (they stock a lot of different brands) can be bought by the pallet load and I've found if I place a high enough value order the delivery cost comes right down to £6.