Gift advice needed please help

HNHBenK

New User
Visit site
Hello, horse and hound forum thanks for the add it's great to be here.

I am here today to find my mother the perfect birthday gift and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. She is a full-time nurse and every other hour of the day she isn't helping people she is up to the fields with her horse, she never stops bless her. She will be turning 48 in four-weeks time and she's loving life.

Unfortunately, I never got into riding/looking after horses, to be honest, it always looked like a lot of work and I'm a pretty big fella anyway but due to this when it comes to getting her a gift it's really hard work. What is really handy to have when it comes to grooming horses? Is there something that needs replacing often? Pretty much any idea you can throw my way will awesome. If there is anything else you need to know please ask and I will get back to you ASAP.

Cheers
Nuzzling_Horses_4205381.jpg

AFB

Visit site
If you're looking at grooming, the HAAS brushes come quite highly recommended - there was a thread on here a few days ago that might help you

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
Could you contact one of her pals from the yard who could sneakily check what needs replacing the most?

Nice breeches and a cosy coat are always good. Maybe new country boots for mucking out/general yard duties? A snazzy wheelbarrow that can hold all the poo in the world without getting too top-heavy?

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Photoshoot with, or of her horse, check a print is included
Haas brushes is a very good suggestion
Sparkly, leather headcoller (you'd need to know size)
Ditto the boots suggestion but you'd need to take her shopping for that one because there are so many options
Lovely waterproof gloves for winter yard work
Lovely thick warm socks

Annagain

Visit site
I'd highly recommend these as a gift. My sister 'bought' them for me for my birthday (I ordered them, she gave me the money) and my horse LOVES them. Maybe get something for her too though as these are very much a gift for the horse!

https://www.countryandstable.co.uk/...MIqOSWndqV1gIVxLftCh3krQ2_EAQYBSABEgL1-vD_BwE

You can't go wrong with a good pair of gloves or now that winter is approaching a warm hat/headband and scarf.

DappleDown

Visit site
Baseball Cap with LED lights in the peak (to help light the way to the field or see inside the stable on a darker evening) Price approximately £6.
- Lots of listings of these in various colours on fleabay.

Or/and

Personalised Mug (take a photo of your Mum with/on her horse - or just her horse - can all be done online - with payment and the mug comes back nicely boxed ready for gift wrapping). Price about £6.
- again, lots of sellers doing personalised gifts on fleabay.

Do please let us know what you get her !!!!!

Last edited:

Roxylola

Visit site
Gloves can be relatively expensive (£30-£40) and wear out so do need replacing reasonably regularly
sealskinz are waterproof and grippy for outdoor stuff, Roeckl are great riding gloves
Also cosy socks, body warmers, wellies all are useful and wear out

horsemadelsie

Visit site
I definitely second getting a good pair of gloves, you can never have too many gloves when it comes to horses! If you were looking to spend a bit more, I love the horsehair jewellery, if you can get hold of some tail hair from her horse, there are companies that will make a bracelet/necklace out of it- I did this one year for my mum and she loved it.

HNHBenK

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. There are loads of good suggestions above form brushes, photo shoots and LED hats to a coat for the horses, brilliant. This gives me loads to choose from a better yet more research to be doing. Once I have a little list of what I want to get her I will be back to see what you guys think. I had to check out the LED hat straight away is this the one you was talkign about? https://www.for-sale.ie/LED-hats

Thanks again

Last edited:

DappleDown

Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone. There are loads of good suggestions above form brushes, photo shoots and LED hats to a coat for the horses, brilliant. This gives me loads to choose from a better yet more research to be doing. Once I have a little list of what I want to get her I will be back to see what you guys think. I had to check out the LED hat straight away is this the one you was talkign about? https://www.for-sale.ie/LED-hats

Thanks again

I have the one with the LED's just at the front, they give out more liight where I need it (love it as it keeps my hands free for saddle carrying and looking into the feed bin when making up dinners etc). I think the ones with the all round lights are more of a party glow cap.

I also bought my OH a printed mug of them riding their horse, always in use and I have been nagged by others to get them one of them with their horses too.

My Christmas pressie list is getting longer....

Looking forward to your update!

Last edited: