gifts for co owners and sponsors

tristar

Visit site
all suggestions gratefully received!

have a co owner for one horse, he bought a half share years ago, for a large sum, always does things for the horse, makes it a years supply of special hay, pays vet bills, goes out of his way to help, no longer rides but adores horse, i have in the past bought him gifts of various pieces of crystal ware, long wax caped jacket etc, can never repay him, but need to buy gifts occasionally to show appreciation, and thanks, subject is male 60`s very wealthy so need something a bit unusual.

second is sponsor, who looks after horse 24 7 so i just ride, train it, also looked after other horses when i was ill, male 50 ish, very country minded, helps all round with horses, cleans out stables on sunday morning etc.

i am hopeless at presents, dread christmas, would really appreciate suggestions as i keep running out of ideas what to get

Polos Mum

Visit site
If he loves the horse - how about something from him - you can get lovely stuff made from horse shoes - boot rack / coat hooks.
I have a fruit bowl that I adore - but there would be more manly options.

Then it's thoughtful and relevant but not mega expensive - if he's wealthy anyway

Attachments

• Polo shoes.jpg
    Polo shoes.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 1

HazuraJane

Visit site
Co-owner suggestion: have a really beautiful photo taken of the horse and frame it for him.
Present with an appropriate bouquet of Christmas flowers.
If you're a competent baker/candy maker make a batch or assortment of sweet or savoury baked goods, presented in a nice way.
Enclose the list of ingredients - because allergies etc.

Sponsor who looks after horse might appreciate a fresh crisp bouquet of cash, and some of those baked goods as well.

Gifts I've given:
  • wine glasses etched with a tasteful silhouette of something equine etched upon them.
  • tea towels embroidered w/ equine
  • a really well-made collar for their dog
  • their favourite cheeses
  • a pair of cha-cha riding gloves
  • boot socks
  • water bottle with their name on it
  • a wreath shaped like a dressage horse and rider, with a gorgeous red bow
  • a 'trinket box' with their initial upon it, sometimes stuffed with cash
Hopefully you will get some inspiration from that.
Etsy.com is a good place to find personalized items.
Good luck!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
how about a painting of the horse, that would be quite special , if you choose a good artist they can be really good...

for the sponsor who works with horse, a decent waterproof jacket or decent gloves etc or tickets for something like war horse if its still running

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
As a prize at a show I won a jacket which was embroidered with ' Team XXXXX , my name and the name of my pony ' ( I would never have dreamt of owning such a thing otherwise !) . It was a lovely jacket but I felt a bit of a wally wearing it and my OH used to take the p*ss out of me something rotten . By way of revenge at xmas I gave my OH ( who groomed for me in the ring ) a jacket with ' Team XXXX - Work Experience ' on it . Then I was given a stunning pony to ride by the breeder of one of my other ponies . She would come and watch us at shows so we gave her a jacket with ' Team XXXX - She rides it . He grooms it . I own it ' on it , and so it became a sort of tradition with our ' team ' of family and friends that you earned a jacket of your own .
My daughter had one with ' Team XXXX - Chief Tail Washer ' , my son ( non horsey 6'2" rugby player , used to trail along in our wake ) had ' Team XXXX - Wide and Slow . Please Pass ' and a lovely , bubbly girl who rode one of my Fells ( rode him beautifully but used to get really nervous/excited before a class ) was presented with one which said ' Team XXXX - Caution . Hyper Active Rider . Approach Quietly '. And there were more !
I bet you would get some excellent suggestions for a slogan on here !!!!!!

tristar

Visit site
If he loves the horse - how about something from him - you can get lovely stuff made from horse shoes - boot rack / coat hooks.
I have a fruit bowl that I adore - but there would be more manly options.

Then it's thoughtful and relevant but not mega expensive - if he's wealthy anyway

what a lovely idea, sadly they are not shod, but thanks

tristar

Visit site
Co-owner suggestion: have a really beautiful photo taken of the horse and frame it for him.
Present with an appropriate bouquet of Christmas flowers.
If you're a competent baker/candy maker make a batch or assortment of sweet or savoury baked goods, presented in a nice way.
Enclose the list of ingredients - because allergies etc.

Sponsor who looks after horse might appreciate a fresh crisp bouquet of cash, and some of those baked goods as well.

Gifts I've given:
  • wine glasses etched with a tasteful silhouette of something equine etched upon them.
  • tea towels embroidered w/ equine
  • a really well-made collar for their dog
  • their favourite cheeses
  • a pair of cha-cha riding gloves
  • boot socks
  • water bottle with their name on it
  • a wreath shaped like a dressage horse and rider, with a gorgeous red bow
  • a 'trinket box' with their initial upon it, sometimes stuffed with cash
Hopefully you will get some inspiration from that.
Etsy.com is a good place to find personalized items.
Good luck!

blimey your`re a genius, super ideas, i`ll revisit you at xmas

tristar

Visit site
As a prize at a show I won a jacket which was embroidered with ' Team XXXXX , my name and the name of my pony ' ( I would never have dreamt of owning such a thing otherwise !) . It was a lovely jacket but I felt a bit of a wally wearing it and my OH used to take the p*ss out of me something rotten . By way of revenge at xmas I gave my OH ( who groomed for me in the ring ) a jacket with ' Team XXXX - Work Experience ' on it . Then I was given a stunning pony to ride by the breeder of one of my other ponies . She would come and watch us at shows so we gave her a jacket with ' Team XXXX - She rides it . He grooms it . I own it ' on it , and so it became a sort of tradition with our ' team ' of family and friends that you earned a jacket of your own .
My daughter had one with ' Team XXXX - Chief Tail Washer ' , my son ( non horsey 6'2" rugby player , used to trail along in our wake ) had ' Team XXXX - Wide and Slow . Please Pass ' and a lovely , bubbly girl who rode one of my Fells ( rode him beautifully but used to get really nervous/excited before a class ) was presented with one which said ' Team XXXX - Caution . Hyper Active Rider . Approach Quietly '. And there were more !
I bet you would get some excellent suggestions for a slogan on here !!!!!!

that made me laugh, thank you, the mind could run riot on the embroidery front, oh yes please suggestions for slogans please

the problem is neither will take cash, they don`t need it