ginger biscuits

Daffodil

Visit site
Isn't it supposed to be a gypsy trick to get horses to do things they might prefer not to, like load into a trailer, by feeding them ginger biscuits.

I tried my boy with them recently, with absolutely no success at all!:rolleyes:

I ended up eating them.:)

catdragon

Visit site
My girlie loves them, she practically drools when you go anywhere near her with ginger biccies. Of the 14 horses on the yard there are only 2 who don't like a ginger biscuit... and one of those is also funny about polo's too...

Natalie_H

Visit site
Our two love them. I tried a variation this week - Fox's ginger creams - I think, if at all possible, they love these even more! :D

Mrs B

Visit site
*smiles broadly remembering*

My Mum's old pony, Benji, was given to us at 13 with bad laminitis. It took nearly two years to get shoes back on him and during that time, he was allowed to wander around the school and onto the yard. One day, we found him in the tack room, helping himself to an open tin of ginger biscuits...

After that, they were his special 'go mad for' treats and in later years, it was just like posting letters into a very greedy mail box.

Can't have done him any harm - he made it to 29 and tackled every hack with the same joy as the day before and never had another day's lameness. The happiest pony I ever owned.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Hmmm I wonder if this would distract my pony enough with the farrier, he'd been doing so well but unfortunately have had to change farriers and he was awful last time. Def going to try anyway!

Regandal

Visit site
I just read some article that was extolling the use of ginger for ulcers/tummy probs in horses. Wonder if that's why horses and donks love ginger.

Greylegs

Visit site
Never tried Ginger bics on the pony (but will do now ... Except I have to be careful with his sugar intake!) ... But my OH loves them. Wondering if there's a connection ..... ������ (... These are laughter emojis, if they don't show up properly!!!!)