Ginger girls in all shapes and sizes go jumping!

measles

Visit site
We had a ginger girls day out on Saturday with the exception of a small bay boy who was snuck onto the lorry by another little boy when we weren't looking ;) B was doing PC team SJ with Poppy our homebred little pony and his best bay chum, Bobby. A had been drafted in to help make up teams with two orange girls we have to produce at the moment so it was a long and busy day. The venue sells Costa coffee though so I was kept warm and sane :D

B and Poppy were first up and aside from a little steering malfunction in one corner of the arena where he lost his reins and they crossed their tracks Poppy jumped clear. I was just a little bit emotional as he has done everything with her since she was sat on onwards.

This was them the day she was born, 6 years ago when B was 3yo:

BenPoppy.jpg

And on Saturday

09-02-2013_1006013_zps3d7a701c.jpg

09-02-2013_0910191_zps29670770.jpg

(Random tree wings thrown in for good measure!)

There are some super pro pics on our FB page that I bought and I will admit to having a tear in my eye as they jumped clear in the second round. She is such a good little pony, easy and quiet but with a bit of jump inherited from her parents.

On a high, B and 12.2hh Bobby sailed around the next class for another double clear. I have to keep pinching myself as I can't believe we have been so lucky to find such a schoolmaster first jumping pony. He Bobs around in a snaffle, no martingale, in a lovely rhythm but if B asks him to go fast he obliges straight away without ever doing more than he wants.

09-02-2013_1302313_zps5b9fd851.jpg

It was then A's turn with Rosie who had hunted with a small mature lady in the very south of Ireland before coming to us. With a measuring stick on she is 15hh and yet she has depth of girth and carries A who is 6ft very well. I think she is the first liver chestnut we have ever had and I've always wanted one. Silly, but true! :) They had another reliable double clear and a polo :)

09-02-2013_1300032_zps24192f59.jpg

Last up was Holly who hasn't been with us long, arriving having evented and done PC in Ireland. She is a great size for A at 16.2hh and I'm sure has one of those Polite notices tattooed somewhere. Quiet, sensible, unphased at home or away I have my eye on her for myself as I think she would fit in with my hectic schedule well and handle the days she did work with a smile ;) However, A still has her and she was still a little sensitive in her mouth after having her teeth done two days beforehand. She popped around for a clear though and I'm secretly a bit excited about getting her out.

Not having that down, Dad! :D

09-02-2013_1622492_zps5906adbf.jpg

We left in the dark and arrived home in the dark, a small euphoric boy, three smug gingers and a little bay person who had been hoovering hay on the lorry. B fell asleep on the way home and stayed sound asleep while we unloaded and did the rest of the yard. Not sure he has quite caught up yet as he looks like nodding off again now, or he would be if his puppy wasn't standing on his head licking him! Mad house :D

Joss

Visit site
Great report, B is doing sooo well & you are so clever to have found him such a super 2nd pony as Morgan must have been a hard act to follow. Really nice to see A getting a competitive outing as he must work hard at home keeping all those lovely horses going.

I do hope you manage to keep something for long enough to do a bit of BE this season;) Do you still have Dessie?

measles

Visit site
Great report, B is doing sooo well & you are so clever to have found him such a super 2nd pony as Morgan must have been a hard act to follow. Really nice to see A getting a competitive outing as he must work hard at home keeping all those lovely horses going.

I do hope you manage to keep something for long enough to do a bit of BE this season;) Do you still have Dessie?

Morgan was I thought impossible to follow, Joss, so you can imagine my relief and disbelief having found this chap in Ireland. He is just wonderful and what's more important, Ben adores him. I think that cuddles are endured rather than reciprocated but it's working for both of them ;)

Dessie is going well but we're always juggling which horses to take out so this weekend was his off. I'll message you as would be worth a catch up.

HammieHamlet

Visit site
Lovely report :)

As hectic as your life sounds, I have to say that in all of your posts you come across as having the most adorable life and family.... :) If I ever have children, I would love for them to find enjoyment in horses and have such an upbringing... Maybe one day :)

measles

Visit site
Lovely report :)

As hectic as your life sounds, I have to say that in all of your posts you come across as having the most adorable life and family.... :) If I ever have children, I would love for them to find enjoyment in horses and have such an upbringing... Maybe one day :)

Thank you for taking the time to say that. Really very much appreciated :)

measles

Visit site
Thanks, all for the comments. If anyone is able to pm me how to quote multiple posts I would be eternally grateful!

Just love love love B's ponies. They are gorgeous :).

I'm liking gingers now I have one! Larry is a dude if a little clumsy! Look forwards to seeing you out and about. Must have coffee sometime!

Def must catch up out and about. We'll miss Eden Valley but hopefully we'll manage something at the same event soon :)

Javabb94

Visit site
To mini quote press the button with the black speech marks on each post you want to quote and they all appear when you press reply :)

Shame you will miss eden valley!