Ginger - politically correct?

Visit site
The names i call my horses are definitely not PC.

If anyone hear what I call my lot ... Well!

I had a pony in to break once. Before I had even sat on her I nick named her Bomber. Her real name was Ira.

I think Ginger is perfectly acceptable! I have a few of them! A TB and 2 shetland mares!

Fransurrey

Visit site
I'm technically a ginger, and it doesn't bother me. I'm more described as strawberry blonde, these days, though. No grey hairs here, either and I'm in my 40s.

mini-eventer

Visit site
I have a ginger cat called - Ginge

Without fail every vet we get is vibrant Ginger and has to shout in the waiting room "Ginge Please" :oops:
I'm contemplating giving him a false name next time

(I love ginger hair and covert it for myself, dyed never looks natural)

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
This thread has just reminded me of something that happened years ago when I first worked in London.
We were at a work Christmas party long weekend away in Bruges (as happens when you work in the travel industry). There were about 20+ of us there.
My boss was around 6’6”, with bright red hair and had a very bad temper to boot. Never met anyone before nor since with such a fiercely frightening personality.
Anyway, the next day at lunch after a particularly long and heavy night on the booze the night prior, we were all still rather tipsy. Boss shouts me a Bloody Mary and after downing it I’m feeling rather merry and relaxed again all of a sudden. I’m a quiet and polite person and usually very diplomatic, non racist, non judgemental and would be completely mortified if I ever offended anyone.
So, I’m sitting next to my boss. His wife who is the polar opposite of him, is sitting across the table from me.
He buys another round of drinks and I say thanks GB. He gruffly asks what’s GB, they are not my initials. I reply oh, all the staff refer to you as this as this behind your back. It means Ginger Balls.
The whole place went quiet. I immediately thought oh crap what have I done. My colleagues all shot me daggers. Oops 🙀
Suddenly after a short time of total silence my boss and his wife both burst out laughing and they both said that was the f***ing best thing they’d heard in ages.
Cue unlimited free drinks for all for the rest of the trip for everyone.
True story!

tristar

Visit site
i once had a beautiful chestnut mar and this kid insisted on calling it `yower ginga howrse`` i think she was just jealous really

littlefluffball

Visit site
I know quite a few red headed humans and I don't think any of them mind being called ginger....I will ask them

I have a platinum blonde friend who has a palomino horse - I often refer to both horse and human as 'blondie'. Is that pc? :oops:

Your friend is living my dream - since I was a kid I wanted a palomino so we could gallop the fields with out matching blonde hair blowing in the wind ha

JFTDWS

Visit site
I call my mare ginger. Or Captain Carrot, which is probably no better. Or orange. She did get a "gosh she's bright!" from the physio the other day. I had to ask if she meant her coat, or her brains, 'cos I'm not so sure about the later ;)

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I have two chestnut boys and am forever calling them some variation of ginger, gingeys, ginger ninjas, baby spice (yearling) etc. Definitely not offensive as far as I can see.

JFTDWS

Visit site
I have two chestnut boys and am forever calling them some variation of ginger, gingeys, ginger ninjas, baby spice (yearling) etc. Definitely not offensive as far as I can see.

Bit weird though... Baby spice was blond. Ginger spice was ... ginger ;)