Girl dogs that haven't been spade..

nathangeorge

Visit site
How long should they bleed for? And is it normal for them to be very sore down there?

My little baby girl has beeb spotting blood everywhere for ages, she seems really down and is very swollen and loks sore down there?

_Acolyte_

Visit site
Try reading this
smile.gif

http://www.padsonline.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=41

In summary - about 3 weeks, although the discharge is clear for the first few days so lots of people miss it, swelling is quite usual, changes in temperament are not unusual, but looking sore is not usual and needs checking out by your vet

BigRed

Visit site
In the first few days she will leak blood which gets more watery in colour before going quite clear. At this time it is completely normal for your bitch's vulva to be very enlarged and swollen looking, it isn't "actually sore", but it can look unpleasant if you don't know what you are looking at, she will probably spend a lot of time licking herself. This is perfectly normal.

This is actually the time when she will stand for a dog to mate with her, so be careful with her.

If you are worried, you should go to the vet, but I am sure your vet will reassure you and nothing will be wrong.

millimoo

Visit site
My Labrador has just finished her first season - she's now 10 months old.
She was spotting a good two weeks all over the place - I had blankets all over the living room carpet the whole time (regularily washed of course)
I got her checked by my vet about a week and a half in as she would sometimes jump up and look round she was also very swolen.
Anyway the vet gave her a good prodding and said she was fine, and said that all dogs are different.
She was also a bit subdued, and not herself.
I'm sure your baby will be fine, hope she's ok though - I know how much I worry about my girly.

Ps When mine first came into season the receptionist said young bitches can sometimes get vaginal erosion (sorry to be so graphic), but it is very treatable if they have it. Although i'm sure yours is just her in season, apparently some can bleed for over 3 weeks, and some show no symptoms at all

misshubblebubble

Visit site
Yes, thats normal. My baby girl (pic below) feels very sorry for herself when her ladies time comes!

Meggy tends to bleed for about a month - sometimes 5 weeks. And then she gets a phantom pregnancy.
crazy.gif

Hopefully we'll put her to pup next year and then spay her. Should settle her down a bit, bless her.