Girths!

Rosie'smum

Visit site
I have a mare that is quite round and flat backed so her saddles moves forward as she has quite a forward girth groove. She is also very sensitive around this area and will very gently nip when doing up girths and will react if the girth is too tight while aboard.
I was just wondering what girths you would recommend within a reasonable price bracket? I have been suggested by a saddler about a anatomical girth but for the moment they are just a little too pricey.

Widgeon

Visit site
I've been using the Elico memory foam girth, you can get them for about £32. My cob is also barrel shaped and flat backed, and they work well on him, but he doesn't have a particularly forward girth groove, so I'm afraid I can't say how well they would cope with that particular issue. Good luck, rolly saddle is the worst :-(

http://www.elico.co.uk/index.php/horse/girths/elico-memory-foam-girth.html

Pippity

Visit site
I like the Harry Dabbs waffle girth. It's cut out around the elbows, so gives a bit more space than a straight girth, but is nice and broad everywhere else.

I stopped using it because my old saddle slipped with an elasticated girth, but this thread has reminded me that, now I've changed saddle, I may be able to go back to it.

Rosie'smum

Visit site
Thank you for replies. I will have a look through this list and see if i can find something.
Thanks!
Picture of said roly poly! :)

Attachments

• Pride.jpg
    Pride.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 10

kassieg

Visit site
I got a fairfax narrow gauge for my mare, bought 2nd hand & it has made a huge difference to her ? keep your eye out you can find a bargain