giving flu and tet jabs

miss_bird

Visit site
Hi i am moving back to the Uk and was wondering, if like Ireland you can just go to the vets and buy the stuff and inject the horses yourself or does the vet have to come out and do it.
Thanks, just weighing up the odds of buying the next batch before i leave or getting them in the uk

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
Vets has to do them
smile.gif

MurphysMinder

Visit site
If you want your documents kept up to date the vet has to do them, but think it is okay to do the jabs yourself. I know someone who gave jabs to their non competition horses (pre passport days).

alsxx

Visit site
My mum used to do ours and vet would sign vac card...however I think she last did this about 18 years ago...suspect thats not the case anymore.

Actually, I cant think of any vet I know that would be happy to sign paperwork for something they hadn't done now. I can imagine it would be an offence of some kind or another now.

flyingfeet

Visit site
With Tet you can do yourself if you are a farm (well we do!)

However not much point giving flu yourself, as without vet signature you cannot compete

glenruby

Visit site
Fo the record, the law is the same in ireland - for official documentation(passport/competition) the vet must administer the vaccine himself. It is uncommonly given byy owners in large showjumping or livery yards unless by the vet for passport, though racing yards routinely administer some of their own as they vaccinate more often than is lagally required for racing. The official vaccines must be administered by a vet.

kellyeaton

Visit site
you can do your own put there is no point coz you are not able to write them in your pass port your self so a waste of money really you should just get your vet to do it and then it will be in passport and all signed up!