Glasses and competiting?

PrillyD

Visit site
I wasnt allowed to ride either but i rode in the night googles they gave me and not in dusty arenas ;)

I looked a right **** lol

flyingfeet

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the advice - this is really interesting reading, I'm only a +1.25 in one eye, but the problem is my left eye is very dominant and its throwing off my aim.

I might try the contacts first, as lasering is a bit scary!

PrillyD

Visit site
If you do decide to laser, optical express were fab from start tofinish inc aftercare etc. Infact my friend had hers done 2 months after me and loved it too. Xx

FlipFlop5

Visit site
Thats nowt, -8.50 in both eyes for contacts and for some reason I don't unders stand -10.75 in glasses.
Its contacts all the way for me. SO much more convenient and never get smeared/misted up.

Im sadly an Optometrist so this thread is another day at work for me :S Its all to do with the distance from the eye, glasses sit further away so need to be that bit stronger

Contact Lenses are the way forward! Dailies are the most convient but work out slightly more expensive than monthlies. On a personal note I have ridden once in glasses in the last 8 years, I am super short sighted and struggled to see canter leads under my specs!

If you do have to have to stick to specs make sure you have a spare pair & with CLs take solution with you to the yard :)

starryeyed

Visit site
I do everything in my contacts... hate hate hate the feel of glasses, but my sight has just gone to -4.75 (eek!) so definitely need them! I've always worn contacts for riding and can't imagine not doing so, I use the dailies and they're so comfy & easy once you get the hang of them, you won't even notice they're in. I would suggest bringing a spare pair with you to the yard though because on the (very) odd occasion I've had to replace one (usually due to extreme dust - and once I was stupid enough to clip in them, don't do it!)

Definitely recommend contacts, they are fab. I'd love to get laser eye surgery in the future but I need to look into it a bit more (and do a hell of a lot of saving!)