Gloucestershire people?

Helena88

Visit site
does anyone keep their horse around cirencester/stroud or more particularly minchinhampton? am moving there in a month (from belgium) with my horse
smile.gif
just want to know what the areas like from a horsey point of view?

dieseldog

Visit site
Minchinhampton is the village that gatcombe is in. Has a common as well I think very good for hacking. What do you do with your horse?

madgirl

Visit site
I KEEP MY HORSE ON THE EDGE OF CIRENCESTER PARK!! HUGE AMOUNT OF LAND AND A FAB GALLOPING STRIP IN IT!!

I NO THERE IS MINCHINHAMPTON COMMON YOU CAN RIDE ON! LOADS OF GOOD TEACHERS AROUND ETC!!

sorry about the capitals!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Very good for dressage, but show jumping is still not that great. The nearest places to do BSJA are West Wilts or Summerhouse.

I'm the other side of Ciren, so only venture out to Minchinhampton for the odd show (actually one on sunday).

You can ride all over the common, but wonder how lethal the rabbit holes are?

Helena88

Visit site
summerhouse is only 15km away from me... so hopefully i can go there, although transport is a bit of an issue, but as hes only 4 i wont be doing that much competing anyway, and we might give dressage a try!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
http://www.burntashfarm.co.uk/

Ask for Jeanne, very nice lady who runs it.

I went up there last weekend to return a couple of cups my daughter won at last years show they put on, and they are looking very organised. Its on the main road between the common and the airfield next to the turning to Gatcombe.

Niceplace, nice people IMO

We will be doing their show this coming sunday. Its one of the nicer ones.

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Very good for dressage, but show jumping is still not that great. The nearest places to do BSJA are West Wilts or Summerhouse.

I'm the other side of Ciren, so only venture out to Minchinhampton for the odd show (actually one on sunday).

You can ride all over the common, but wonder how lethal the rabbit holes are?

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be there, look out for Jessie, she has now got 'AF' on her right bumcheek
grin.gif

Helena88

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.burntashfarm.co.uk/

Ask for Jeanne, very nice lady who runs it.

I went up there last weekend to return a couple of cups my daughter won at last years show they put on, and they are looking very organised. Its on the main road between the common and the airfield next to the turning to Gatcombe.

Niceplace, nice people IMO

We will be doing their show this coming sunday. Its one of the nicer ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

yepp!! got a stable reserved there!! by far the nicest ones of the stables i found when i went to visit
laugh.gif
.. was annoyed that i wont be there in time for the show!!

Weezy

Visit site
As CotswoldSJ said, we really are pretty dire round here for SJing
frown.gif
There is also Solihull and Weston Lawns but they are a good hour and a half treck BUT the arenas are fab - otherwise there is Addington but you are talking a good 2 hours from you - West Wilts is good although I find the indoor a tad on the dark side - but hey there are plenty of us around, so we may well bump into you!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
I was up at Hartpury last weekend and the new indoor arena they are putting up is going to be mahoosive. The indoor schools they have already will start the SJ in the next few weeks on friday evenings and sunday.

flyingfeet

Visit site
Have heard a rumour that the Unicorn centre at Moreton-in-Marsh has put in planning for change of use and if they get it they will be running BSJA there.

Will be fab if that happens!

Weezy - are there any indoor schools with jumps you can hire round us?

Weezy

Visit site
Oh I heard that too - God I hope it happens as it will be FANTASTIC! Also there is somewhere in Clanfield area that Martin Collins is laying a surface for that are hoping to do affil stuff too - if I hear anymore I will let you know!

We have our huge covered arena but we dont have any fillers - just poles and wings, but I think it is for hire - other than that then I think *shudder* Blewbury hire theirs out, but I wont jump in the indoor (well until I hear the surface is a bit better - when I went last year it was shocking, but then I am a bit of a snob!)

flyingfeet

Visit site
Humm I won't touch Malthouse / Blewbury until they have been refurbished.

I've been up to Talland for a few lessons and not really liking their outdoor as the sand is digging up. Hopefully just sheer numbers and new-ness.

Trying to convince them to run BSJA, but no chance apparently!

Where is your yard?

Weezy

Visit site
Nether Westcote - half way up the Burford - Stow road

No chance of a refurb at Malthouse apparently - I have heard the water board are going to take it over as it is a flood plain? Something like that anyway hence why it has just gotten worse and worse (I always have a nose as I use Honeybottom kennels for my dog, and go up there to turn around LOL!)

Beanyowner

Visit site
Hi Helena...Welcome to the South West!! I am in Bristol when at home and on the Gloucester/Wocester border when at Uni (Hartpury).
There are loads of showjumping places around...Hartpury (Glos), West Wilts (Nr Bath), Bicton (North Devon), David Broome Centre (Chepstow, South Wales)...and thats only some of the affiliated places...unaffiliated competitions are everywhere!!!!!!! Think you may want to consider investing in some transport though!
crazy.gif

I do showing with my horse but am always buzzing round here there and everywhere either grooming or supporting friends!
So again...welcome to the South West...any questions...give me a yell!!
laugh.gif

Claire x

yorks

Visit site
The last time I was up at the Unicorn centre for a Rc demo we were limited in numbers because, evidently, the people who own the house along the drive object to vehicles using it and actually count the number of boxes etc. I don't know how true this is, it was a reputable person who told me, but they would object to change of use. I think they are, politely, city dwellers.
It would be superb to be able to use it more.

Helena88

Visit site
yep its all about convincing parents that i need transport!!

im off to the royal ag college which is why im moving to the area - did apply to hartpury too
laugh.gif

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We will be there, look out for Jessie, she has now got 'AF' on her right bumcheek
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I will keep an eye out for you, I'm not quite sure which one I am taking yet. However either way I will be stressed as trying to do everything single handed these days!
blush.gif

Beanyowner

Visit site
Oooo...may see you around then!! My friend at Uni, her brother was the student union chairman at Ciren last year (given up the position this year due to it being his final year) and we go and stay at his every once in a while and go out in Ciren on the student night on a Wednesday...'tis a rather good night!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Helena88

Visit site
laugh.gif
deff would be fun to meet up. am a bit worried about not knowing anyone at ciren as i didnt go for interview (people abroad dont have to), so everyone will at least have seen other people... eek

Beanyowner

Visit site
Ahhh don't worry about it...Ciren is wicked! Sooooo wish I could have gone there but I don't think they do Equine Science...or at least didn't when I was applying!! Will PM you if I am going out in Ciren...I am moving back to Uni on the 10th September so it'll be anytime after that...might not be for a couple of weeks though.

C x