Gloucestershire people?

Munchie

Visit site
Good post!

We're moving to the otherside of Cirencester soon so glad to see there are other people nearby as apart from OH and Weezy I won't know anyone!!

teapot

Visit site
And I will be visisting ~nods~ Maybe I'll book my stage 2 at talland
grin.gif

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Humm I won't touch Malthouse / Blewbury until they have been refurbished.

I've been up to Talland for a few lessons and not really liking their outdoor as the sand is digging up. Hopefully just sheer numbers and new-ness.

Trying to convince them to run BSJA, but no chance apparently!

Where is your yard?

[/ QUOTE ]

The son (Adrian) of the lady who runs Burnt Ash farm is working at Talland now (so she told me)

She rated it very highly

alfirules

Visit site
i am live jus down from minch, in Nailsworth where i also keep my horse. i regularly hack on Minch and rodborough commons. they are fanstic for riding on. and there are NO rabbit holes. if you want to ask me any questions about the area feel free to ask me!

cmarychapman

Visit site
Hi,

I used to keep horses in Stroud.

The Shard Livery yard is based just outside Minch village. Its been a long time since Ive been there but you can look them up on www.yell.com.

There is good hacking on the common, just watch out (if your horse is spooky) for the loose cows they occassionally play follow the leader!! Also kites/model airplanes + horses = not much fun. early morning evening in summer are the best times.

Depending on your age the Minchinhampton Pony Club would be your nearest branch (under 21) There are loads of local shows held within the Stroud valleys.

You are also just down the road from Cirencester polo ground where the pony club and (I think) lower goal matches are held. Fun to watch!!

There is a good saddlers/tack shop based on Cainscross Road close to stroud town centre(about 3 miles from Minch)

I'm afraid Im a bit out of data to recommend farriers or vets.

Stroud and particularly Minch are very horsey areas so I recon you'll love it.