Gloves, which are properly waterproof.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
As above. I suffer from Reynaud's so struggle when my hands get wet in the winter, to the point it hurts so much I have to go inside to warm them up. And I've had two children, so, yes, it really does hurt!! But I want gloves that are all of the following:

waterproof
warm or at least insulating
not too thick so I can do buckles on rugs/headcollars etc.
slimmish fingers, but not too tight as that also stops the circulation

I've had horses at home for 9 years now and still haven't found something that really works. The best in fact are ski mittens in terms of preventing the loss of circulation, but I have to take them off for rugs etc. I don't need to be able to ride in them - I find I am fine then, it's just when doing yard duties.

Thank you in advance. xx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
The Roeckl fleece ones with rubber gloves over the top were the only things that ever really worked for me.
However these look really good if they're truly waterproof.

Thank you - a friend has suggested the medical gloves under normal gloves which is similar to your first suggestion which I might still try. I have tried gloves similar to your second link, but find them too thick and I feel very cack-handed with them on. :(

DirectorFury

Visit site
The fingers on the Le Mieux ones do look a bit chunky!
I found rubber gloves on top of fleece worked better than underneath - when the fleece gloves get wet (and therefore cold) the rubber gloves don't have many insulating properties. It's cheap enough to try :). If you're allergic to latex make sure to get nitrile ones!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
The fingers on the Le Mieux ones do look a bit chunky!
I found rubber gloves on top of fleece worked better than underneath - when the fleece gloves get wet (and therefore cold) the rubber gloves don't have many insulating properties. It's cheap enough to try :). If you're allergic to latex make sure to get nitrile ones!

Thanks - I will definitely give it a try! I believe Marigolds come in all sorts of fancy options these days!! xx

madmav

Visit site
I also have reynauds. Use nytryl gloves while doing jobs. Bought from Horse Health, but sure can get them everywhere. They’re thin enough to be dexterous but keep in warmth. Then swap over to seal skins or ski gloves to ride, depending on how cold it is. People laugh at my many sets of gloves, but it ain’t funny when that pain sets in.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
OH has big hands so when we had Nitrile gloves they were XL. They are great as I can get my usual pimple gloves on and these on top. The Nitrile on top males them grippy and the pimple gloves are flexible and not too thick.

For riding I like real sheepskin, skin on.

chaps89

Visit site
I did a post for this recently OP if you can find it.
Ones I came across were Sealskinz ultra grip and Rab Ridge gloves. MacWets were also suggested and looked quite good too.
I'm hoping for some for Christmas if not I think I'm going to give the Mac Wets a try.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I use the Sealskinz with thermal rating of 5. Need some more, now. I fins I have to sacrifice dexterity, as anything good for buckles etc is too thin and I get an attack of I then push the wheelbarrow or hold the aluminium handle on my future fork. I have used fleece gloves with nitrile over the top, before now - including for riding!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
sealskinz don't fit me, I have some mountain horse ones that do but are overly warm and not great for doing stuff.

I have access to plenty of nitrile gloves ;)

little_critter

Visit site
I love my sealskinz winter riding gloves. But they are a bit clumpy for fiddly stuff like buckles. But they are properly waterproof (I was sceptical at first but I happily fish ice out of frozen troughs and they don’t leak at all)