God Lord! This Is Scarey!!!!

joeanne

Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc3labbBW_8&NR=1

ooo.gif

punk

Visit site
HarrieC - I was going to suggest that - that is no 'ordinary behavioral' problem - it is an extreme reflex action that cannot be blamed on the horse or rider.

Poor horse - and lucky rider!!! Could have been really nasty for him.

HumBugsey

Visit site
Wouldn't surprise me if he was put down, tumour or not, he's a danger to himself and others. I wouldn't want to be near him thats for sure, thats like the ultimate in extreme behavior

Mike007

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
NO!!! Not bad pony - see above! Just out of its control obviously ...............

[/ QUOTE ] Take a good lookat the video,especially as the horse is being led away.Usually if there is some form of heart or brain problem the amimal will seem dazed and probably uncoordinated.This one just looked smug.

punk

Visit site
Sorry - don't buy that. No horse would THROW itself over backwards like that without some sort of neurological reflex action - risking itself in the process - and then get up and walk away like that quite calmly. I don't think he even knew what he had done - it was either a neurological spasm, or he was in extreme pain. Did he LOOK wild and vicious?!!! No!!
confused.gif

Mike007

Visit site
No horse would throw itself backwards eh!!! Sorry to disillusion you punk but I have met several.I have even owned one that was prepared to do a very passable "fosbury flop " over a showjump,if a stranger had the audacity to ask him to jump.Some horses really arent afraid to throw themselves on the ground.

fatpiggy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NO!!! Not bad pony - see above! Just out of its control obviously ...............

[/ QUOTE ] Take a good lookat the video,especially as the horse is being led away.Usually if there is some form of heart or brain problem the amimal will seem dazed and probably uncoordinated.This one just looked smug.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't strictly true. My horse has epilepsy and can be completely normal within minutes of a seizure ending. I've been riding her, even taking her to shows within an hour. And yes, I do know EXACTLY what I'm doing with her.

A horse with a brain tumour can just flip, exactly like the one in the video showed. Often throwing the head up can trigger the behaviour. It would be interesting to know how long this horse had been doing this before it was put down.