God, Sometimes I hate cats!!

Faro

Visit site
I adore cats, and have 2. With the young one we had huge problems with her in the spring/early summer with the fledgelings. She was catching and bringing back at least one blackbird/sparrow a day - and now there appear to be no blackbirds left at all in my garden (having had them nesting there for many years) which is such a shame.

I hate having to put collars on my cats in case they get caught up, but for Tibs we've had to resort to her wearing a collar with a bell (I made sure it was a quick release collar). The collar, much as I hate to admit it, has been a success and she hasn't brought home a single bird since.

Aces_High

Visit site
I have 4 pussy cats and they are my pride and joy. I will be a cat spinster one day!!! Mine hunt and do as they please the whole time and I think of it as nature. I wouldn't collar them as they are country cats and I hate an accident to happen. To the OP - I wouldn't be keeping the pigeon in your bedroom - they are full of disease. I was telling my brother about the one I have in a stable which fell out of it's nest and they have fleas and carry lots of yukky diseases. They are referred to as flying rats. I'd maybe keep it in a shed or garage. How old is it roughly? Does it still have the ugly straw like blonde feathers?

classiclady

Visit site
Cats are only doing what is in their make up, they hunt and I am sure there are many people on this site that have yard cats who do brill job in keeping the rats and mice down. Our yard cat is gorgeous and friendly with everyone, and yes I have a gorgeous cat of my own.

MagicMelon

Visit site
My 2 cats are Bengals so you'd think with their "wild" side they'd bring in lots of stuff. They don't. They ignore the bird table and instead have a fascination with wasps... They have both been stung by them - fornight ago, a bee stung one of them on her jaw - I had to pin her down to pull out the sting!! They also adore water, to the point that I actually bought them their own 'swimming pool' (ie. plastic kids paddling pool) which they absolutely love. Mainly they love wading about eating the drowned insects... lovely.

Mrs B

Visit site
Must be something about Bengals, MM! Mine's mostly too darn lazy to catch more than a cold - although she does bring frogs into the house sometimes...
picture.php