Going on Holiday.

WallisM

Visit site
Hello
smile.gif

I have just booked a holiday with my pals to go away next June ( I knows it 10 month away hahaha
grin.gif
)

It is my first hol away since I have been @ the livery yard, I had my own place b4 this and my sis was into horses so it hasn't been a prob going away as she would take care of them.

I know my good pal Barbara YO will keep an eye on them for me and my mam will go up and check so I don't need to worry when am away.

Was just thinking how you guys deal with holidays and horses ?

Cheers
x
wink.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
When I got George my OH said he would not give up our annual 2 week holiday - fair enough, we usually go in May so we'd had this years before I got George, but I am dreading next year, although I can put George on full livery I don't have anyone else to check him and I know I will spend 2 weeks panicing!

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
We're going away in october for a few days. It's my first holiday in 10 years. By then ponio will be in at night, and I havent a clue who i'll get to do him. I'm praying my mum will do it, but I'll still fret. OH always said he was my 3rd baby...

harrihjc

Visit site
errm, we haven't all been away as a family for 14 years
blush.gif
There's nobody to look after ours as it's just us there, so either me or my mum has to stay home to horse sit! Haven't been away for more than a day since having Flash, and 3 weeks of holidays in 14 years is a little sad
tongue.gif

bex1984

Visit site
A friend looked after my ponio when I went away for a week (last week). I looked after her horse when she was away the week before - most people on the yard I am at just help each other out with holidays.

I really missed him though...but I forced myself to last at least 5 days before texting to see how he was!!

welshstar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hahahaha

We are going to Sidari in Corfu, Just for a week.

wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oooo i've been there before!! Before when we used to go on holiday as a family, we were at a livery yard so there was always someone to keep an eye on them/look after them. Now at our own field, we don't usually all go together. Either me or my older sister look after them.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
My friend looks after mine, then i look after hers

She been away for a couple of days this week so i have been looking after her mare (she is still coming up to try and keep weight off her)

then I went to Gambia in feb with college so she looked after my lad

we have quite a good arrangement, as we both do favours for each other.
I work a few nights a week at a hotel restaurant and start at 6. so in winter my friend will bring my lad in so he can have more turnout and so hes not in from 4pm. Then other nights i will do her horse

We also do alternative turning out in the morning. I do 3 days a week, friend does 3 days a week then we both ride sat morning so we both go up

debsflo

Visit site
going away in 10 days and already worrying. i have a horsey neighbour and we help each other out as ours are at home.she is experienced and more than capable but i worry about all the little things that i think only i notice. i love going away with my family and feel i owe it to them to have no disractions of horses as they put up with this all the time

brackenhappy

Visit site
i'm off in just under 6 weeks
grin.gif
for 3 whole weeks!!
grin.gif
my sister will do my horse for me!!
laugh.gif
we (my sis and i) have not long got back from north africa but as bracken is at stud didnt worry to much!!!
smile.gif
i tend to go the caribbean every year for at least 2 weeks
cool.gif
and always go in september that way my horse is out 24/7 and can usually (if sis is with me!!) get some one to do her and i just do their horses when they are away!! i do phone to check on her though!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif