Going rate for horse sitting?

MissSBird

Visit site
Probably not the right place for this, but thought you guys might know.

As the title reads, what is the going rate for horse sitting/what would you expect to pay?

By horse sitting I mean living on the site for a week with full and sole responsibilty for 5 horses. Accomodation provided at no cost to sitter (technically house sitting as well).

Any ideas much appreciated!

foraday

Visit site
I get £70 a day plus accommodation and all food etc for 4 horses, 2 donkeys, 2 dogs, 8 sheep and chickens and a cat (that really takes care of itself)

Practically a farm I guess

millimoo

Visit site
My parents pay £25 per day. This is to look after the house, 1x horse, 1x Shetland, (both stabled at night), 8x hens, and 1x large dog.
The housesitter doesnt have to muck out, and stables are prepared just to bring in.
My parents are very fortunate that their house sitters are a mature couple who love the house, and actually love staying - they almost use itike a holiday themselves. I can't believe how little my mum pays if I'm honest.
The house sitter is really looking forward the next year as my parents are away for 1 month, and the wife is really excited to be staying... Hilarious really as my mum hates going away, leaving the horses (has another in full livery) and is only going to be with my stepdad out of wifey duty :D

ellie_e

Visit site
I stayed at my yard when the oweners were away for a week, i loved it!! they gave me £100, to do 2x horse, 3x dogs, bring chickens in, feed calfs 2x a day and check mares/foals/sheep/cows, feed 2x cats it wasnt about the money, just really loved doing it

hobgoblin

Visit site
I pay £15 per day :) :) that's for housesitting 4x horses 3x dogs 2x cats 20 odd choocks :) ( only 2 horses need riding 1 retired 1 yearling and I only go away in the summer when they're out 24/7 ) hope my sitter dosnt read this thread as he'll be after a pay rise!

MissSBird

Visit site
Quite a variety then! I've been asked if I'd consider it for a week and how much I'd want for it, and feeling a bit stuck for how much is fair to me and the owner!

Thanks guys!