Going straight onto BHS stage 3/4??

Roanioponio

Visit site
Hello!
I am currently studying equine management extended Btec diploma level 3, my tutor said after I've completed it I can go straight onto either level 3 or 4 of the BHS stages. But do I have to get my riding and road safety done first or anything else? Many thanks!

Shay

Visit site
There are quite a lot of direct entry routes. You must hold the BHS RRS for any direct entry. You would never be eligible for entry into stages 3 or 4. It would be one or the other.

You need to know what the Ofqual code for the diploma you have done is. (Or you could call the BHS education Line I suppose!)

Even if you don't have any of the recognized qualifications from the direct entry pdf you can apply on an individual basis for exemption on accreditation for prior learning. You need a detailed CV and at least two professional references.

GlamourDol

Visit site
It was suggested that I apply directly for the stage 3 but due to the time scale of them meeting to decide etc I decided I may as well just go down the normal route. Boy am i glad I did. The exam environment for them is nothing like I've ever experienced and to have gone straight to stage 3 would've been a very stupid idea as I would've freaked. Think hard before you go down that route, it will only work out cheaper if you pass first time. Good luck 😀

Zipzop

Visit site
It was suggested that I apply directly for the stage 3 but due to the time scale of them meeting to decide etc I decided I may as well just go down the normal route. Boy am i glad I did. The exam environment for them is nothing like I've ever experienced and to have gone straight to stage 3 would've been a very stupid idea as I would've freaked. Think hard before you go down that route, it will only work out cheaper if you pass first time. Good luck ��

I agree with this. I did a part time, one day a week, year long college course for my stage three as that was the level I was at (older student). However, alongside that, I took my stages 1&2 and my RRS test and I'm glad I did as the BHS do things in a very particular way, not always the way you would usually do things and technique is very important during the exams and cause cause you a pass or fall.

The experience of the lower level exams is crucial to passing the higher level exams.