Going to see a horse, trying to be cool

Trinket12

Visit site
So my coach just message me about this young man, we're off over the border on Sunday to go see him. I am trying very hard to be cool calm and collected......

Compass is a 2014 thoroughbred gelding standing 16.1 hands. He is an attractive type, everyone thinks he’s a warmblood. He is balanced and easy to ride. He is a kick type and light in the bridle. Compass has lead changes and is not spooky. He is a joy to ride and definitely a horse I would keep as my forever guy. He has a great sense of humor and is easy to love. He currently rides in a snaffle. Compass attended his first hunter show this past weekend and exceeded my expectations. He is going to be the perfect amateur/kid horse. He has been trail ridden and gone through water with no issue. Currently schooling 2’3”/2’6” courses

Compass.jpg

Trinket12

Visit site
I am soooo excited!! Trying not to be as I know when in-person and with vetting etc. it might not pan out ( I have read enough stories on here about horse buying!) but I looked at some of the video the owner has as well and he looks great.

I have had to promise my coach I won't shout 'wheee' as I go around trying him out....... :p

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I am soooo excited!! Trying not to be as I know when in-person and with vetting etc. it might not pan out ( I have read enough stories on here about horse buying!) but I looked at some of the video the owner has as well and he looks great.

I have had to promise my coach I won't shout 'wheee' as I go around trying him out....... :p
Let us know how you get on :)

Trinket12

Visit site
So back to the drawing board :-( the owner had accepted an offer before we were able to go see him. I saw an Appaloosa mare on Saturday who was also a no for lots of reasons. Horse shopping is not as much fun as I thought it would be...... Oh well

Trinket12

Visit site
Seeing two horses tomorrow, both are more 'local' (though still an hour and half drive away!), one is a Quarter Horse mare and the other a Warmblood/Canadian cross mare. Fingers crossed!

Trinket12

Visit site
The warmblood/Canadian wasn't a match, lovely horse but needs a slightly more experienced rider than me. The QH mare appointment was cancelled as she had done something to herself in her field, so waiting to hear back on when we can go again. There's a 3rd possible as well, don't know anything about that one, waiting to hear from my trainer.

I feel like getting some traction on viewings though! & even though the Warmblood wasn't a match, I was able to see how far my riding has come as a year ago I don't think I would have been able to ride her at all!

Trinket12

Visit site
Number 3 is a Chestnut with Chrome, not sure on height but 16hh is my max. I have some video, going on Saturday. The name does make me laugh!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.