Golden Retrievers

Flicker51

Visit site
Hi
I am retiring this year and have long planned to get a beautiful golden retriever to love. I have had a variety of dogs all my life - mainly rescues- and have rehabilitated a number of difficult dogs. However with grandchildren now in the mix I feel I would like to get a goldie pup.
Can anyone recommend any good breeders?
I am in Worcestershire but happy to travel anywhere - obviously we will need to factor this awful virus into the mix ?
Thanks in advance !

satinbaze

Visit site
Do you want a show type or a working bred Goldie? I would look at champdogs on the internet as you can see if parents have been health tested. You can always contact one of the many breed clubs as they may have a litter recorder who knows what is available from good breeders

vannersrus

Visit site
Do you want a show type or a working bred Goldie? I would look at champdogs on the internet as you can see if parents have been health tested. You can always contact one of the many breed clubs as they may have a litter recorder who knows what is available from good breeders[/QUOTE

I think more show type than working and thank you will look on champ dogs

GSD Woman

Visit site
Ask about the cancer incidence in the lines. Lymphoma and hemangiosarcoma are a big problem in the breed, at least in the USA.