Goli's Equifest

Deefa

Visit site
Just got in from a fantastic Equifest!
Arrived Tuesday and settled him in then took him for a hack around the showground to see everything.
Wednesday we had the m/w Hunters in the main arena. He warmed up really well, then took him in, it started off really well but as he walked around to the flag side a Shetland appeared over the mound and he obviously thought it was a Goli eating monster as he had a little tantrum before carrying on nicely, but by then the judge had seen anyway! He did a nice walk/trot/canter go round but sadly we were still cantering across the grandstand when the first gallopers went and the first one came very close to Goli while having a rather good broncing fit which again made him unsettled in front of the judge :(
He did go round and do a fab gallop after tho!
He gave a green judge ride and did tense his back for the gallop with the judge (I started to worry he may buck!) So was unplaced.
Went and did two rounds of WH CR afterwards, one 90cm (clear) and one 1m (one pole) to finish up!

Thursday we had our SJ phase of the Equifest eventers (1m) sadly had the first and last fences down but he was really enjoying himself anyway!
Also did the Novice WH and had two poles!
The lady who sold me her stable also kindly offered up her husband to take him into the Comp in-hand horse for me as I cant keep up with him which he took 6th in (out of around 16!)

Friday was dressage and XC phases of the eventers. He did a very sweet test, the best he has done I think and also went clear around the XC (1.05)
We also did the RC horse class and he went very nicely again and came 6th in a big class, also got stopped outside the ring by two people saying that he should of been higher which was nice :)
Into the Evening for a quick trot about for the Eventers presentation, As we had two poles SJ I didn't expect anything but was happy with another 6th! (turned out his dressage mark was amazing at 25.25!!)
I was starting to wonder if we had 6th -itus!

Saturday only had one day class for the home produced WH (90cm) had one pole down but only 4 clears so was asked back in. The judge seemed to really like him, he gave a novice ride but managed to get in the top of the 4 faulters to be 5th!
Did the pairs with a purebred Cleveland bay in the evening and managed to get a 9th to!

Overall a fab week, a very tired pony and lots of pretty rosettes! Now he is off in a field for a week before teamchasing work starts!

Pics
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...6103465_3695193122668410053_n_zps8ecc5c82.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...6268465_4618080590656540637_n_zpsac66a429.jpg