Good clippers at a low price - do they exist!?

Equine_Dream

Visit site
I had my pair clipped on the weekend. I've been thinking about getting a small set just to keep their clips neat and tidy. I wouldn't be attempting to give my fluffy cob a Hunter clip with them 😂
Can anyone recommend a good set? I've come across the master clip trimmers on eBay. They seem ok.
Any suggestions welcome!

AFB

Visit site
I've had a set of Masterclip for about 5 years now and I really rate them as a single horse owner. They're probably a bit heavy for multiple clips.

I would say though that I'd use their blades until they're blunt and then forget about them and buy a pair of Heiniger blades as a replacement, my MC blades didn't sharpen up well at all (two sets of blades both sharpened twice by different people, so not a fluke).

Scarlett

Visit site
I have GTS clippers, I believe they are what is now called Masterclip. They are Heiniger copies and if you hold them next to a genuine set you'd never know the difference. I have had them 11 years, clip 3-5 horses through each winter - all full clip or close to and usually 2-3 clips per winter - and they have been great. They cost me £85.

My friend bought £110 Masterclip ones 2 years ago and they are identical to mine.

Leo Walker

Visit site
My masterclip ones are brilliant. The trimmers are quite small so it depends how much you are trying to clip off. You can quite often find the proper clippers second hand for under a £100 so thats probably a better way to go!

mini-eventer

Visit site
I'm about to buy some Voss cordless ones, on the basis that they're German, and most German stuff is well made and lasts. I shall update once I've got them!
https://www.electric-fence.co.uk/vo...se-clipper-cordless-battery-powered-blue.html
Hi Aus,

Have you got these yet? I'm seriously tempted by either these or Masterclip. I only have one horse who i clip maybe twice a year. It pains me to get someone in, as i used to work on a yard and I am fairly competent

Myloubylou

Visit site
Not cheap but I love clipping with my Heineger xplorers. Cordless & quiet, my antsy mare stood like a lamb to be clipped, blades didn’t heat up, no lines in the coat. Worth spending the money imo

MasterBenedict

Visit site
I just bought a pair of wahl dog clippers for less than £25 via Ebay and have done a hunter clip on my boy at the weekend - they did a fab (if a little slow) job.

mini-eventer

Visit site
Thanks guys, my boy is good to clip, ive clipped loads of times with corded dlippers, and I will only be clipping him so not too worried about been overly quiet or cordless.

I must admit some one at my yard has the Heineger cordless and they are lush, quieter than my trimmers.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Love my Heiniger progress had them 12 years and still going strong, a lot of the time the blades are more important than the actual machine, there are lots of cheap copies of well known blades that are rubbish, I always buy genuine Heiniger blades they last year's.

maddielove

Visit site