Good colours for a chestnut?

rallan15

Visit site
I'm buying new tack/accessories for my horse, I think he looks good in blue but what colours do you think looks good on chestnuts?

Pink_Lady

Visit site
I have a liver chestnut and he looks great in the le mieux benetton blue, fuschia pink, burgundy and peacock green. Am not so keen on the terracotta .. am debating for my next purchase whether to get the coral red, blueberry or lime :)

Durhamchance

Visit site
I like baby blue on a chestnut, if depends on if you want to 'stand out' or look quietly smart. I have to agree that bottle green looks very elegant.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Mt chestnut mare who is a really orange shade of chestnut and has a big white blaze, looks super with white boots and a white saddlecloth. I also really like her in her gold stripe newmarket rug. Blue and green also look good, but the white is the best. :)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Lol, I think my bright chestnut doesn't look good in his gold and striped Newmarket rug - my bay looks far better.

I like blues on him, reds are good too, but racing green suits him most. Ive never tried pinks/purples etc, I'm more of a traditional colours person.

MouseInLux

Visit site
Unusual but I have an orange and black biothane bridle and it looks stunning on my chestnut
I have an orange saddle pad for my boy and I love it on him. Thinking of that, I should get it out again.
I have brown tack, much prefer it to black but I think that's ingrained from my hinter years in the US.

ecb89

Visit site
I love baby blue on my chestnut. This is the teal Le Mieux

He also has the plum and corn blue saddle pads. Plum looks nice but not as striking as the blues.

He also has a baby blue head collar

southerncomfort

Visit site
I have two chestnuts, both with flaxen mane and tail. My daughters pony wears green and my horse wears burgundy. Of the two I think my horse looks the best! ;)

Jennie951

Visit site
Surprisingly, my mare suits every colour under the sun. However, I tend to prefer her in brown, blue, purple and any quirky and unusual patterns.