Good DiY/ Part livery in West or parts of South Yorks

WesternHiPo

New User
Visit site
I am hoping to move with my partner to West Yorkshire (between Huddersfield and Harrogate I suspect, as I want to be near to Leeds (or on a train route to the city), alternatively, near to the Sheffield area to be closer to family.

We have 4 horses. 2 are retired so could go on grass livery- ideally at the same place. 2 are in work so looking for a good yard, no gossiping and backbiting, with excellent hacking, preferably off road, and need an arena.

Can anyone recommend yards to consider?

We need all year turn out (not one that refuses to turn out at all in winter, or if it rains- despite promising the world to get liveries in) and decent stables. Used to land management and happy to do some if need be. I recognize that all year turnout means less grass in summer, but would prefer a yard that has a decent acreage for the numbers of horses on it. Prefer hay to haylage, so must be decent quality if bought on site or have space to have large bales delivered.

Access to hot water a bonus as we compete, but I could buy a portable shower. Don't want a yard where we have to cart water to the paddocks because they don't have taps or toughs out in the fields- just too old and decrepit for that now. Extra services and occasional full livery for holidays would be brilliant too.

Thanks for your help.