Good dog bad dog

DressageCob

Visit site
I thought it was mad.

My dog goes to day care. They have a couple of acres, a wooden cabin and a maximum of 8 dogs. The man who runs it has it has his job. He sits in the cabin and the dogs aren't ever left alone. They all get on and my dog thoroughly enjoys himself. When we arrive he legs it to the field as fast as he can. He has made friends there who we now meet up with for walks and play (humans socially distanced of course).

I can't imagine sending my dog somewhere where he is one of scores of dogs.

I didn't like the French Bulldog pup walking all over the desk. He nearly fell off at one point.
I didn't like the diving either. I wouldn't be happy if I dropped my dog at daycare and they decided to "play" with him doing that. It was all so muddy too.

I got the impression they go in kennels/cages for part of the time and then get released for a play session in the fields. I wouldn't like that. if my dog is going to be shut in on his own, he might as well do that in the comfort of his own home.

popcorn1

Visit site
The dock diving was absurd. The dog wasn't even confident walking down the ramp into the water so quite what they thought they were going to achieve I don't know!

misst

Visit site
Thanks CC I didn't know dock diving was a real "thing". But unsurprised it takes training and conditioning - which is obviously not happening there.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Watch the ESPN documentary about Spitfire the whippet - inspirational stuff!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.