Good farrier needed Warwickshire/Northamptonshire/Leicestershire boarder

Cupcakes and Horses

Visit site
Help my farrier has just announced he's moving! Can anyone recommend a decent farrier who doesn't cost the earth and is nice to the horses?
I'm on the Warwickshire/Northamptonshire/Leicestershire boarder.

fizzer

Visit site
A lady I know from Leics area uses mick grainger , very nice, quiet, good with youngsters 07974 268887

AngieandBen

Visit site
Hi, Damien Williams is at Fleckney so will probably travell to you, nice guy and excellent farrier; 07989 629123 used Adrian Middleton ( Rugby way, but don't have him number )a couple of times, but I just couldn't put up with his swearing and misery! plus he slapped Ben :(

Loopypony

Visit site
I use Oliver Gregory, he's absolutely brilliant. Have used him for years and he's ever so good with my awkward mare and naughty youngster. I know he is quite busy though. His number is, 07748632288.

Also know Liam Whelan, he's a good friend and also good farrier! I don't have his number to hand but can get it for you.

Charlie 1

New User
Visit site
Nah they are all rubbish. Theres a guy just back from travelling who is really good and has availability and is very reasonable on price. He is David Horton. Take a look at his website and and facebook, his number is 07841 343 631. He takes bookings by email too so have a look at his webpage or facebook for that. www.davidhortonfarrier.weebly.com

Cupcakes and Horses

Visit site
Without wishing to add fuel to the fire I have to agree with Fizzer I don't think its fair to slate anyone unless you have had a personal bad experience with them.
I had found David Hortons website so he was one number I already had but couldn't find any reviews on him.
I started this thread because I have had bad experiences in the past with both farriers and dentists so now do not like to use anyone I don't know without having some positive recommendations as I have a very sensitive old soul who can by easily upset so much so thanks to that dentist who I had out about 16 years ago he still has to be sedated to have his teeth done! (come to think of it I have a fairly sensitive young one too now I must attract them!)