Good hacking in Derbyshire Dales / Staffordshire???

Starbucks

Visit site
I live between Derby and Burton upon Trent. The hacking is terrible, none existent. Can anyone tell me anywhere I could drive to that has good parking and off road hacking preferably where you can have a canter etc? Either a pay farm ride type thing or bridle paths.

Thanks!

Ali27

Visit site
There is Poplars Farm in Anslow which has a farm ride with a yearly subscription of £70! You can park at Jackson’s Bank in Hoar Cross and ride up to Rangemore woods and over Dunstall estate. Think you can hack round Foremarke reservoir!

Kat

Visit site
There is a lovely horsebox car park at Hartington Station which gives you access to the High Peak and Tissington Trail. You can also park horse boxes at Middleton Top on the high peak trail.

The Tibshelf canter track would be an easy journey for you I think, we had a super ride up there a few months ago. Also look at shipley park, carsington water, Elvaston Castle.

The area around Ticknall and Ingleby has lots of bridlepaths but I don't know about parking. You can also buy a pass for Calke Abbey I think.

2ndtimearound

Visit site
From where I live in Branston it's a 35 minute drive (or thereabouts) to the far side of Cannock Chase (Penkridge/Brockton side), so just a little more for you. It takes less than that to get to the Rugeley side of the Chase though. There are a lot of horsebox friendly car parks. Loads of places to canter, but I'd recommend taking a map as you could easily get lost. I had a fab morning there yesterday - though I ride at/from the trekking centre. Just don't go today as there's an Iron Man competition on!

Elsbells

Visit site
Parking is in the reservoir, it was £2 the last time we went. Fabulous hacking there.
Think about joining Sport Endurance UK. Or there's other clubs too. We have rides most weekends and you don't have to be an endurance rider to do it, just enjoy your horse and riding in new places.