Good Horsebox Insurer

Goldenstar

Visit site
NFU , just excellent no other word when I rearranged my last lorries shirts they where great to deal with.
Their recovery is excellent too .

Sneedy

Visit site
I use Shearwater, they are very competitive and use ERS for recovery (which was a lot cheaper with shearwater than doing it separately)!!

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
Anthony D Evans are ok for insurance but wouldn't touch their recovery with a barge pole after a nightmare breakdown a few years ago! I moved to NFU and got a cheaper deal and their recovery is a million times better :)

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
google evans lots of comments re recovery

I have googled it, and apart from the odd bad experience (there are always going to be some), I can't find much except positive comments.

I would rather insure with NFU as that is who my horse insurance is with, but their quote was almost twice that of ADE!

equinerescue

Visit site
Look at the small print for the breakdown membership. It varies a lot with different companies and with the cheap ones you might find that you are not fully covered for getting your vehicles and horses home if you can't be fixed by the roadside. Shearwater use Equine Rescue Services for the breakdown recovery - both high quality services.

EventingMum

Visit site
I had an absolute nightmare with South Essex years ago, stranded on a motorway and ended up with the police ordering us to be towed off with pony still on board by a very inconsiderate breakdown lorry driver who then blocked the lorry in at his premises. Poor pony was on the lorry for 21 hours and South Essex rescue were not in the least helpful. Eventually a friend came to our rescue (70 miloes from home) and all South Essex offered was 10% of my next renewal. Moved to NFU who have always been fantastic - I can't recommend them enough.

DollyPentreath

Visit site
Shearwater were excellent when we broke down on the way to Munstead. Took the horses home and towed our lorry home separately. That was quite a few years ago now but we were very pleased with the service.

VRIN

Visit site
I have googled it, and apart from the odd bad experience (there are always going to be some), I can't find much except positive comments.

I would rather insure with NFU as that is who my horse insurance is with, but their quote was almost twice that of ADE!

I spoke to NFU as they were more expensive and they did manage to do me a good deal. Worth an ask

FireFly29

Visit site
I use Shearwater for insurance and have recovery through them with Equine Rescue Services.
They seemed to offer the best service for the most competitive price when I was looking round for quotes.

FireFly29

Visit site
Yes I tried that but NFU were over twice as much and they had to admit that while they could knock a bit off they couldn't come close to the quote Shearwater had given me.

I had the same, I tried NFU as my horse is insured with them but their third party, fire and theft quote was over £150 more than Shearwaters fully comp quote.
A shame really as NFU were great with a recent claim for my horse.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I was with NFU for 3 years with the lorry but my premium almost doubled one year, no claims, one breakdown recovery call out in the first year. I would have stayed with them if they could have got within £50 of the lower quote.