Good jumping stallion

Gemstone21

Visit site
I have a welsh x Oldenburg 2 year old mare standing around 14.1. I am putting her in foal and need some advice on whether to go pony or horse. I would preferably like to use a saleable showjumper or would consider an eventing stallion.

Alec Swan

Visit site
I like the look of "check In" on the elite stallions site

We used Check In but lost the foal at 30 hrs of age, last year. I may be wrong, but I think that last year he had 100% success with frozen. Don't quote me on that, but certainly his post thaw result was considered excellent.

If your filly is by a big horse, but she still only stands at 14.1 now, it may be that she has more growing to do, and putting her in foal, when she's 3 will mean that she will either need to be done well to allow her growing to continue, and run the risk of an over sized foal, or if she's allowed to just muddle along through her pregnancy, her potential growth height may not be reached. In the case of your filly, and were I in your shoes, then I'd wait for another year. The only question mark from me would be her possible and apparently retarded growth rate.

Alec.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
We used Check In but lost the foal at 30 hrs of age, last year. I may be wrong, but I think that last year he had 100% success with frozen. Don't quote me on that, but certainly his post thaw result was considered excellent.

If your filly is by a big horse, but she still only stands at 14.1 now, it may be that she has more growing to do, and putting her in foal, when she's 3 will mean that she will either need to be done well to allow her growing to continue, and run the risk of an over sized foal, or if she's allowed to just muddle along through her pregnancy, her potential growth height may not be reached. In the case of your filly, and were I in your shoes, then I'd wait for another year. The only question mark from me would be her possible and apparently retarded growth rate.

Alec.

The OP states the filly is out of a welsh, that will be a C or a D, so likely to be between 13.2 and 15h so at the age of 2 14.1 would be an average expectation.

crazycoloured

Visit site
i can strongly recommend aragon-s standing at mon competition stallions,he's a coloured warmblood and stands at 16hh so ideal for ponies.his temprement is amazing and has plenty of rideability.would cross well with a mare like your's and his stud fee is reasonable..

Lgd

Visit site
Personally would wait until at least 5yo as Welshies are notoriously slow to mature. Get her under saddle and proven before covering. Unless you are planning to retain the latter is important. Top quality stock is selling for poor prices at the moment so offspring from an unproven youngster is not going to sell.

If you are looking for a pony, look on the sports pony studbook list.