Good luck to everyone eventing

Rosiefan

Visit site
Thank you all. We're as ready as we'll ever be but will definitely need all the luck we can get. I'm expecting tension and disobedience in the tests, poles flying in the SJ and timefaults (probably too fast) in the XC - good job it's Rosie riding and not me ;):D:)

Thistle

Visit site
Just don't forget the camera.

I did think about going to Isleham to watch tomorrow (It is our closest event) but then I saw the weather forecast.

Rosiefan, it is lovely to see Bertie on the entry lists again

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Thanks, and yes good luck to everyone else eventing today!
I am just desperately hoping the weather forecast is very wrong for tomorrow- please can everyone do the sunshine dance?!

quizzie

Visit site
hear hear - the forecast for Isleham is getting worse by the hour :(

Repeat after me.....it will not rain that hard...and not all day......please!!!

But seriously, having not been to Isleham before, can anyone tell me what the ground tends to get like if we do get the heavy rain forecast? Thanks.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Repeat after me.....it will not rain that hard...and not all day......please!!!

But seriously, having not been to Isleham before, can anyone tell me what the ground tends to get like if we do get the heavy rain forecast? Thanks.
It's good old black fen soil so won't get sticky and holding, just very sloshy and you, the horse and tack, the lorry and all us spectators will go home covered in it. This is par for the course at Isleham though.
Good luck :).

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Just got back from Isleham, the course looks really nice and inviting, even I would do the BE100. Some of the I fences are a bit :-O but I'm nowhere near that standard so no wonder! It has got a bit less breezy and wet and now brightening up.

Rosiefan

Visit site
Just don't forget the camera.

I did think about going to Isleham to watch tomorrow (It is our closest event) but then I saw the weather forecast.

Rosiefan, it is lovely to see Bertie on the entry lists again

Only just noticed this post M - sorry :eek:. Camera is fully charged and ready to go but if the forecast is accurate it may stay in it's bag.
We're excited that Bertie is eventing again and hopeful that his tendon is fully recovered. Apparently he was a lunatic yesterday when they were running through the test in the school. He'd been SJing the day before (DC and 2nd in the Disco and 2nd to Bolly in the 1.05 at Newton Hall) and had a romp in the field afterwards so goodness knows what his DR will be like tomorrow <sigh>.
No matter - we intend to enjoy ourselves whatever happens. Rosie has packed a change of clothes including underwear so at least she won't have to strip off and wrap herself in a blanket for the drive home as has happened before :D.